Poser Height Issues

JackC Citron

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3872 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi all,

I just recently bought poser started playing with it. I notice that when using the "sl avatrs mesh" which is reccommended to use, the problem is the female avatar and the male avatar are the same height in poser, thus making any changes you make to the poses in poser look way off in second life. Is there any way to adjust the height of the female avatar in poser? Currently the only options I see are to make them a toddler, or juvenile.

I'm assuming that you are making an animation that puts your avatar close to the ground, as this is when height becomes a problem. SL animation is sensitive to avatar height in SL. So, if your avatar in SL is really tall, and you made the animation to fit that avatar, it won't work very good on a small avatar. Essentially, you have to create your animation to fit the size avatar it is intended to be used on. Like I said, this is only a problem with animations that bring you closer to the ground.

Basically, the first frame of every animation in SL is a reference or position frame. You can alter the height of the first frame to adjust the height of the whole animation in SL. Notice, I did not say to change the size of the avatar in Poser. You just change the position of the height so the feet are lower or higher compared to the rest of the animation.

JackC Citron wrote:

The problem is that the female SL avatar Mesh is by default the same height as the male, so it's making it difficult to make properly aligned poses in poser, and upload to get the same result in SL. 

As Kwakkelde said, you can change the size of the avatar in the parameters tab. Choose the body and then use the scale dial. It should not change the skeleton when you export the bvh, but at least you can animate with sizes that are closer. I do not do much couples animation, so I'm not sure how well this process will work for you. I would generally use Avastar in Blender for something like this because Avatar has all the SL sliders in Blender and you can match exactly the size and shape avatars you want to animate in SL.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3872 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.