Flatchest / Child Sizes (mesh) for Women's Clothing?

AveryGriffin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3907 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Okay so I'm a bit spoiled with how pretty mesh clothes are, but since I decided to be a child avi (yes, I know, made my life hard) I have been searching all over for nice mesh clothes without the boobbump! I don't want my 10 y/o to have lady parts!!

I've found one store here that offers regular clothes with a flatchested version.

Fateplay has a flatchest/child version to their HP uniforms (soooooo happy!!)

There looks like only one mesh for a girl's top that is circulating on the MP rn and it got old fast. There's lots of cute stuff for the mesh child shapes but I don't want to be like, four! Ahh.

One store has a few mesh things, but only one style of dress and well. I bought it in one color and that was enough for me.

I've found plenty of skirts and jeans and shorts that aren't too hippy (or have a giant booty) that my avi can wear, but she's still stuck on like, the stuff from that store, wearing her HP uniform all over the place (it's just so pretty), or wearing the one free mesh sweater out from that store I mentioned above that literally every other child avi seems to own (not that I blame them).

Is it too hard to get rid of the boobs on XS or XXS sized clothing? Am I asking for too much?

I don't like wearing system clothing - it makes the flattened chest look rather obvious and gross.

Okay so I'm a bit spoiled with how pretty mesh clothes are, but since I decided to be a child avi (yes, I know, made my life hard) I have been searching all over for nice mesh clothes without the boobbump! I don't want my 10 y/o to have lady parts!!

I've found one store here that offers regular clothes with a flatchested version.

Fateplay has a flatchest/child version to their HP uniforms (soooooo happy!!)

There looks like only one mesh for a girl's top that is circulating on the MP rn and it got old fast. There's lots of cute stuff for the mesh child shapes but I don't want to be like, four! Ahh.

One store has a few mesh things, but only one style of dress and well. I bought it in one color and that was enough for me.

I've found plenty of skirts and jeans and shorts that aren't too hippy (or have a giant booty) that my avi can wear, but she's still stuck on like, the stuff from that store, wearing her HP uniform all over the place (it's just so pretty), or wearing the one free mesh sweater out from that store I mentioned above that literally every other child avi seems to own (not that I blame them).

Is it too hard to get rid of the boobs on XS or XXS sized clothing? Am I asking for too much?

I don't like wearing system clothing - it makes the flattened chest look rather obvious and gross.

AveryGriffin wrote:

It's not hard to do no but whether some is bothered to make yet another shape/size is the question.  What about XXXS or XXXL and so on, hard to please everyone.  Personally, I dislike the "standard sizes" because they all have boobs which are too big for me too so I just make my own stuff instead.

Well I meant more like, taking the smallest standard size and just...pushing in the boob bumps. Idk about making mesh - is it difficult to squish in something like this? Can someone who makes mesh clothing explain this process to me? You'll already know the size will fit otherwise since it's on a standard base, but minus the boobs. :B

(also I don't know how to make mesh, so I can't just be like 'oh well nobody has what I want I'll have to design for myself!' - tho I'd be interested in learning if I continue to have issues finding good clothing)

Also, for anyone interested, I found a store that sells unisex clothing for petite girls and femboys here - currently waiting to get home to demo pretty much their entire inventory!

AveryGriffin wrote:

Well I meant more like, taking the smallest standard size and just...pushing in the boob bumps. Idk about making mesh - is it difficult to squish in something like this? 

"Can someone who makes mesh clothing explain this process to me?"

I just did! :)

As I explained, it is no more effort to do this or make boobs bigger, fatter waist, thinner waist or whatever.  The factor that has ruined mesh is Linden Lab for failing to recognise that the single biggest demand for product change is clothing that fits and they will not lift a finger to implement a deformer that they were gifted free.

Instead, a consortium decided on 5 standard sizes and that's what people generally create for, on the basis that the majority of avatars are catered for with these sizes.

Creators want to do as little work for maximum return, as you would expect and that's in no way a criticism.  The market for various other odd sizes is smaller, thus there are diminishing returns on expending extra effort to cater for those customers.

Say they do reduce breasts, that still won't guarantee a fit anyway, there are other dimentions that will still be a factor so there really is no easy answer except to re-iterate that "no, it's not difficult, it's the same process as making 5 sizes, just more is more time and effort".

See if you can find an original content creator who is prepared to do a custom fit for you, I offer that for one of my items but there's a cost as there is no magic method other than spending time modifying the item for the specific customer shape and it takes time.

I'm sorry I must be sounding like a pain! But I'm still fairly new to sl and obviously new to mesh (tho I've had oldbie friends helping me out), so I'm still a little lost >-<

You keep saying 'no it's not hard' but then you say there's no guaranteed fit? Does messing with one section of a mesh distort all the stuff around it as well? That's what I don't understand, really. Like, is it like....hmm. Okay this will be weird but bare with me - like with spacetime - like a big old sheet, when you put an object in it (say you put a bowling ball in a sheet you've got stretched out), it's going to make the sheet warp and bend to fit the ball (or a planet/celestial body lol). So the mesh creators figure that warping into their 'sheets' for the breasts already, and if they were to make it flat, would that mean they have to effectively iron out the sheet?? And if they do that it's like trying to refold a fitted sheet to factory settings??

I get what you're saying about supply and demand tho. I figured that's why I've found a whopping three creators on the MP who offer kids sizes or reg mesh ('standard' XXS and XS with no breasts) or stuff made for femboys (which is effectively what my child girl avi is doing).

I'd imagine there's also the issue with shading and texturing as well. A lot of the mesh I've seen has shadows for the breasts, and if they were going to flatten that area out, obviously no shadows are going to be needed. I know PS tho, and if the creator makes the shading for the breasts on a separate layer, is it so hard to turn that layer off, put in the texture and (bake? is that right?) the texture to the non-breasted mesh? A lot of arguments I've seen are more about the 'but then we'd have to make a brand new texture' argument. Which is silly since layers are your best friend. Also I've noticed the one store I linked has their textures so that there is really minimal preset shading and most of the texturing is graphics.

I'm not saying 'make me an outfit that matches my shape perfectly' (because that's what alphas are for, lovely things). It's more just 'is there a way to turn off the boobs on the XXS or XS mesh you already made (without ruining the mesh all together because that's too much work to even bother)?

Also I was in no way asking for handouts! I'm very well prepared to pay whatever cost the creator seems fit if they were to offer a 'no breast' option to their mesh.

Tho now that I think about it, for those creators who do mesh outfits and also appliers for those large mesh breasts - wouldn't there be a better fit for those breasts on a mesh base that doesn't already have some breasts sticking out?? Don't ladies now flatten their chests to fit on the mesh breasts?

No changing one part doesn't distort other areas its just a case of how much time is to be spent on each variant of the same item. Versions with less chest can be made but then someone will say that they wished mesh creators catered for their hip shape or flatter butt or bigger butt.

The number of variants becomes large very quickly.

Textures aren't a big issue but its something else to factor in with a texture hud, is this the boob or boobless version? Not all creators write their own scripts so it's something else to have done.

I'm a mere 8 on the SL boob scale, I do know your frustration.

It all ends up in supply and demand. 

Personally, I would like to see xxs-s sizes with bigger breasts. Some has started making that, or at least size m with larger breasts. Some has added room for more muscle, some want flat butts, some love big butts... it never stops. So the majority of creators found out that they don't have time to make a lot of different sizes. They would also have to redo their older work, because ppl would come and say: I bought your shirt so-and so because you have a size that fit me, but why you not have that size in this pack? I want my money back!

Not all have the RL time for that, or they figure out that the sales of special sizes is not so high that it can justify the time it takes to make it. A lot of the clothes marked is based on templates, where the form is already given. They haven't learnt how to model mesh, they can only make textures.

Yes, unless it's an original creation and the creator is prepared to do a custom fit. A lot of mesh stuff is 're-textured templates and they won't have the original model to even be able to edit it.

This is where the deformer that I referred to would fix it but LL appears to have a butt plug stuck and won't pull it out and include the deformer in the viewer.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3907 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.