I keep getting teleported to the same location?

Olive Dorben

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3890 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I keep getting teleported to the same location on a sim even though the coordinates are different in the landmark. I have tried multiple landmarks and I keep getting teleported to the same place. I tried erasing my cache and that didn't change it. I checked with the sim owner and there is no landing point set that would devert me there. I do not have this problem with other sims. This keeps happening on both of my viewers, Wabbit Viewer and Firestorm. 

2 answers to this question

I keep getting teleported to the same location on a sim even though the coordinates are different in the landmark. I have tried multiple landmarks and I keep getting teleported to the same place. I tried erasing my cache and that didn't change it. I checked with the sim owner and there is no landing point set that would devert me there. I do not have this problem with other sims. This keeps happening on both of my viewers, Wabbit Viewer and Firestorm. 

There are two basic approaches to controlling where visitors to your estates appear: you can either use a telehub to force all visitors to appear at a set location, or you can allow visitors to teleport directly to wherever they wish. If you choose the second option, you can still set landing points at the parcel level so that people teleporting to that particular parcel all arrive at the same point.  So, a couple of things might be going on.  First, your sim might have had telehubs active at some time (or might still have them).  If so, they would override parcel-level instructions that say you can land anywhere.  The cure is to check and be sure that all telehubs are removed from the sim if they are no longer needed.  The other possibility is that there are no telehubs in the sim, but parcel owners have set landing points on their own parcels.  If so, those landing points would override any LM's target point.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3890 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.