Newest SL viewer update.

Bobbie Faulds

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3877 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Once again, a needed feature is ditched. Unless someone has an idea where to find the fix, when you save your logs, it's only saving the display name. This is a problem in RP sims for the admins since we have to post calls and need the avatar name, not the display name. Some of our players change their display name every week. This change is a logistical nightmare for us since we have to be able to track calls through the avatar name.

If anyone has any ideas on how to fix this, I'd welcome them.

Once again, a needed feature is ditched. Unless someone has an idea where to find the fix, when you save your logs, it's only saving the display name. This is a problem in RP sims for the admins since we have to post calls and need the avatar name, not the display name. Some of our players change their display name every week. This change is a logistical nightmare for us since we have to be able to track calls through the avatar name.

If anyone has any ideas on how to fix this, I'd welcome them.

Still seeing full "display name (username)" in logs here, so let's try to find out what is different.

At any time there are 3 or more "current" SL viewer versions. What's the exact version number you have at the top of Help>About?

In SL preferences, under the General tab, what boxes do you have checked under the "Name tags" section? (I have both user and display names enabled there.)

Does the kind of log (group chat, public chat.txt) show differences? Currently I'm seeing things ok in both.

Hello, I have a problem since update on 2013/09/21

Error :
AO-HUD (AKEYO) [script:~core] Script run-time error
Stack-Heap Collision

Befor this update all was OK.

Information about SL Viewer Version :

Second Life 3.6.6 (280963) Sep 12 2013 05:15:08 (Second Life Release) Notes de version

CPU : Intel® Core i7 CPU         920  @ 2.67GHz (2672.77 MHz) Mémoire : 4087 Mo Version OS : Microsoft Windows 7 64-bit Service Pack 1 (Build 7601) Distributeur de cartes graphiques : NVIDIA Corporation Cartes graphiques : GeForce GTX 680/PCIe/SSE2

Version Windows Graphics Driver : 9.18.0013.1407 Version OpenGL : 4.2.0

Version libcurl : libcurl/7.21.1 OpenSSL/0.9.8q zlib/1.2.5 c-ares/1.7.1 Version J2C Decoder : KDU v7.0 Version Audio Driver : FMOD Ex 4.44.12 Version Qt Webkit : 4.7.1 (version number hard-coded) Version serveur vocal : Pas connecté(e) Compilé avec MSVC version 1600

If the HUD is modifiable (most AOs are so that animations can be added), then you can try right-click and edit, then Build>Scripts>Reset Scripts, and then Build>Scripts Set Scripts to Running to make sure they all are started up.

If that does not clear up the problem, yes you will have to see what Akeyo can do for you, it's a closed system.

Yeah, I looked at my saved logs, they're fine.

Three different viewer versions are "the latest" right now, depending on the channel you've been grouped into: 3.6.6.280963, 3.6.7.281236 and 3.6.7.281199. Which of these are you running? Again, this version number and at least some minimal information about your viewer settings would really help. If we can figure out what viewer version and settings might make this happen, then it will be possible to troubleshoot. If you want to keep that information to yourself, then no one will be able to help you.

Tested with Second Life 3.6.6 (280963) Sep 12 2013 05:15:08 (Second Life Release)

It all looks fine.

chat.txt (public chat) test:

[2013/09/22 10:03]  Tori Too (toritoys.tigerpaw): this is a test[2013/09/22 10:04]  Tori (viktoria.dovgal): It sure is. 

group chat test:

[2013/09/22 10:04]  Tori (viktoria.dovgal): ...[2013/09/22 10:05]  Tori Too (toritoys.tigerpaw): ????

direct IM test:

[2013/09/22 10:07]  Tori (viktoria.dovgal): direct im[2013/09/22 10:07]  Tori Too (toritoys.tigerpaw): yup

Display name settings in the viewer didn't change anything here, even betweem logins.

This would be a good time to wipe out settings.xml, to rule out any obscure debug settings that could be getting in your way.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3877 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.