Broken content? AO's get broken?

Eric Castanea

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3862 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Are particular animations not working or does the AO just not work... most of the time if you remove and replae a AO it will start working again.  I think it has something to do with logging out and back in a sim that has no scripts on it.  if its an animation that stopped working its proberly because the maker who made the AO somehow got hold of a illegal copyrighted animation and was discovered and was replaced with "replaced IP" something some thing...  it happens and many times its pretty innocent... what I usely do at those times is strip the AO get the good animations and replace them in a empty AO.

I had this happen the other day. AO just stopped working. Made a copy, relog, reset scripts, detach nothing foxed it. I rezzed a new copy of the base HUD and moved all anime and the notecaed over to it and it's working fine(custom ao in an oracul HUD).

I was trying to repeat it before submitting a jira. I can only guess that the asset got corrupt somehow.

There are griefer objects that when rezzed on a region will set all scripts in your attachments to a not running state when entering the region.

If the attachment scripts are mod, you can set the scripts back to running. If the scripts are no mod you are stuffed unless you have a copy of the attachment kept in inventory.

Always keep backups of expensive scripted attachments, especially if the scripts are no mod.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3862 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.