items won't rezz and are removed from inventory

Eduard Hendrassen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3936 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Today I had a shoutcast board returned by the sim owner.  We had a region restart shortly after and when I tried to put the board back it said something about the position was no longer available in world, and the board promptly disappeared from inventory.  I tried to use all the various "fixes" to restore inventory items but I had no luck,   I even checked all scripted items on sim and the board or something that might be the board was not listed.  I also searched thru inventory with no luck even looking for items made by the creator.  I would hate to lose this board as it was expensive and I can't afford a new one atm. 

Yesterday, my partner had a pose ball disappear from the sim and inventory, this was the original one she had bought to duplicate for items that were to be sold.

I tried to issue a ticket but the form provided does not list the problems we are having with stuff not rezzing and disappearing, so I am at a point where I have no idea what to do

Edit: well as I can't seem to be able to reply to an answer I guess I will have to edit my post - I already looked at 0, 0, 0, that area is clean, I have build rights on the whole sim so I guess my partner will have to make that call as I don't have a premium account anymore.

3 answers to this question

Today I had a shoutcast board returned by the sim owner.  We had a region restart shortly after and when I tried to put the board back it said something about the position was no longer available in world, and the board promptly disappeared from inventory.  I tried to use all the various "fixes" to restore inventory items but I had no luck,   I even checked all scripted items on sim and the board or something that might be the board was not listed.  I also searched thru inventory with no luck even looking for items made by the creator.  I would hate to lose this board as it was expensive and I can't afford a new one atm. 

Yesterday, my partner had a pose ball disappear from the sim and inventory, this was the original one she had bought to duplicate for items that were to be sold.

I tried to issue a ticket but the form provided does not list the problems we are having with stuff not rezzing and disappearing, so I am at a point where I have no idea what to do

Edit: well as I can't seem to be able to reply to an answer I guess I will have to edit my post - I already looked at 0, 0, 0, that area is clean, I have build rights on the whole sim so I guess my partner will have to make that call as I don't have a premium account anymore.

You might be in luck, maybe.  Take a look in the sim's garbage collector.  It's at location <0.0,0.0,0.0>, in the far SW corner of the sim, underground (or water).  That's where the servers put things when they can't figure out what else to do with them.  If you were using the Firestorm "Restore To Previous Position" function, you should be aware that it will not work properly unless you have permission to rezz in that extreme SW corner.  That's because the function works by rezzing your object at that spot and then moving it to the "previous position."  Most of the time when the function fails, it simply doesn't rez your object at all.  Sometimes, though, the server apparently says, "Oh, hey!  That's my garbage collector.  I know where that is," and just leaves it there.

You're right, though, that there is no support ticket category for finding lost inventory unless you are a Premium member.  If you are, though, you can give Live Chat a call.

• Like 1

Eduard Hendrassen wrote:

[....]

You found one of the two ways to reply, and it worked.  Sorry that the garbage collector idea didn't work too.  It was a long shot. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3936 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.