Market Place Suggestions

Marble Baar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3246 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'd like to make a couple of suggestions that would improve searching on the market place.

The first is two tick boxes. tick the the Permissions:ones, only they'd be

[ ] Demo

[ ] NO Demo

If you ticked the first box your results would only show results that had DEMO in them. This might save time if that's all that you're looking for. If you ticked the second box any result that had DEMO in it (other than a link to "See the demo version") would not be shown. This might save a lot of time if you're searching with the sort set to Low to High Price and you DON'T want a DEMO.

The second suggestion would be a second search field, or a search prefix of "-" Any words put in the second search field, or those with a "-" in front of them in the regular search entry, would indicate what search terms to avoid. This'd work similar to a Google search. For example "house -rental" would skip results that have rental in them (which would be good if you were looking for a pre-fab house but didn't want to rent one).

I'd like to make a couple of suggestions that would improve searching on the market place.

The first is two tick boxes. tick the the Permissions:ones, only they'd be

[ ] Demo

[ ] NO Demo

If you ticked the first box your results would only show results that had DEMO in them. This might save time if that's all that you're looking for. If you ticked the second box any result that had DEMO in it (other than a link to "See the demo version") would not be shown. This might save a lot of time if you're searching with the sort set to Low to High Price and you DON'T want a DEMO.

The second suggestion would be a second search field, or a search prefix of "-" Any words put in the second search field, or those with a "-" in front of them in the regular search entry, would indicate what search terms to avoid. This'd work similar to a Google search. For example "house -rental" would skip results that have rental in them (which would be good if you were looking for a pre-fab house but didn't want to rent one).

Great ideas. I've always wanted the "-" option and I tried it a few times in the past only to realize that it's not Google. I'd like a way to remove multiple color versions of the same product. They could make it like how Amazon handles different colors where you see one item and you can select colors. LL makes money from the marketplace. They need to make it easy to search and easy to buy.

There is no need for "Demo" and "no Demo".  Why?  Because when you find the actual product, all you have to do there is click the link to see the demo!

What SHOULD happen is that the item that is the demo should never ever ever be returned in search in the first place.  The problem is that there's presently nothing in a listing that sets a flag to identify it as a demo thus your request nor mine cannot happen.  There is only an ability in a listing to pick another product as the demo. 

(EDIT: So what they *could* do is identify a demo as a listing that is referenced through the "see demo" link on another product but that would be very inefficient.  "DEMO" should be an attribute of a listing that can be part of a simple SQL query, it's not).

Multiple colours were supposed to be part of the Marketplace functionality too, all within one listing just as a demo would be within that listing.  They should be sub products and references to the main, NOT all individual listings as they are now.  We didn't get what we were told we would be getting.

My other huge gripe on this is that there IS a flag that identifies the item as a mesh item yet what? 2 years on and there's no ability to select mesh only or not mesh just as we can with permissions.  This has to be one of the lowest hanging fruits in Marketplace changes to harvest.

There is nobody working on the Marketplace, it's a done deal, finished project, forget it, just like many other things in SL that won't or aren't receiving attention despite large customer feedback indicating that they are in big demand.

On the other hand, if nobody wants something, lets say an ability to make plywood cubes dance on their own for a more immersive experience, you can be sure that will receive lots of attention but darn it, i've just indicated an interested in watching plywood cubes dance so that won't happen now either.

• 1 year later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3246 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.