Nvidia card

Dayana Voxel

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3893 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey everyone. 

I have a quick and simple question. I heard about something, an option. Rather difficult to explain as english is not my main language, but it was something that would allow you to let for example your FPS stuck at 60. Even if your PC can give more than that. How do i find this option, how does it work?

Thanks.

Hey everyone. 

I have a quick and simple question. I heard about something, an option. Rather difficult to explain as english is not my main language, but it was something that would allow you to let for example your FPS stuck at 60. Even if your PC can give more than that. How do i find this option, how does it work?

Thanks.

You set it in your nVidia control panel.  It's the "Wait for Vertical Sync" parameter.

When Set to "On", the card will wait for the vertical sync time to elapse before it allows the screen buffer to be 'flipped' into view.  This means that the card cannot exceed the Vertical Refresh rate of the monitor.  This does NOT limit drawing commands to that rate, however, only the change between screens buffers that updates what is being shown.  The purpose is to reduce 'tearing' which happens when the card swaps buffers so fast that in the middle of updating the screen, the next screen is finished, and it flips between screen buffers before the monitor has finished drawing the screen.....resulting in part of the rendered screen being from one frame, and the other part being from another.  Setting this parameter to 'ON' prevents that.  It's to keep the card from rendering faster than the monitor can keep up.

If you want to reduce the load on the GPU, this won't help.  Use the MaxFPS option in the viewer.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3893 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.