Downloaded new SL viewer, graphics are wacky

xxStellalunaxx

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3925 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I just did a clean reinstall of the SL viewer twice, and I am still having a problem with my graphics, particularly water (see below) -- can anyone suggest how I might fix this problem? I didn't change any of the settings in my preferences after updating, and I did not have this problem with the previous version of the viewer. Thanks.

Screen shot 2013-08-23 at 8.20.05 PM.png

That is wacky.

Even though you didn't have to change your graphics settings the first time around it could still need tweaking this time. Its possible the updated viewers default settings are changed from the default settings from your last version. Those wacky things tend to show up when the fist slider is too high.

When you ask a tech question include information about your computer and viewer. Get the info from the viewer's Help-About... and paste that into your post with your question. Help->About... provides all the version numbers we need.  To add your info to an existing question use OPTIONS->EDIT. It’s in the upper right of your post.

It also helps to know if you are using a laptop or a desktop and a wired or wireless connection.

Without that information all we can do is guess. That means you have to try all our bad guesses and eliminate them one by one. This is easier for all of us, if you give us good information to start with.

Do you have Advanced Lighting Model enabled? Try changing that setting.

Since i have installed the new viewer with the sunshine update my avatar has fallen into the ground with only her head sticking out. Can anyone please advise me how to fix this. If i fly she is in one piece, however when she is on the ground her legs are stucking out the back and her arms are folded under and she is in the ground up to her neck. I just cant get it operating correctly. Please advise? Thanks.

LadyLyn Diavolo wrote:

Since i have installed the new viewer with the sunshine update my avatar has fallen into the ground with only her head sticking out. Can anyone please advise me how to fix this. If i fly she is in one piece, however when she is on the ground her legs are stucking out the back and her arms are folded under and she is in the ground up to her neck. I just cant get it operating correctly. Please advise? Thanks.

Go into edit under the body tab there's a new perimiter called hover. You'll need to increase it. Thisis a glitch that sometimes hover will randomly lower itself so your underground.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3925 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.