Inventory search question

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4071 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Is there a way to search for "bundled" inventory items?  For example, a prior landlord sent everything back to me in one package and I had to open and take each item seperate into my inventory.  I know I have several packages like this and wish to open them but with 25,000 inventory items, there must be an easier way.  

When objects are returned en-mass they will be sent to your Lost & Found folder as a coalesced object. The SL Server Code picks the last root prim it decides to include in the coalesced package to use to name it.  You could get a totally insane name for the object. Many times it is simply "object" as a larger build sub-assembly may have been processed last.

The icon for a collapsed object is a group of stacked cubes.

Find a nice big parcel to rez the coalesced object in and once it is rezzed you may begin the task of taking your items back into your inventory one by one.

Moral: There is no easier way.

P.S. You said "I know I have several packages like this and wish to open them" - OK, they would all have been in your Lost & Found folder at one time. Where did you put them for safe keeping?

The simple answer is no.

The complex answer is, the inventory does not see your items as being named anything other than the last object "selected" when grouped together. So again, no.

You have to do this manually. It can be a pain in the butt. If you have a LOT of things, especially scripted, grouped like this I highly reccomend filing a ticket to get assistance. They will give you a place you can go to safely open them. Because a lot of scripted objects returned like this, can easily "break"(and that sucks, I have been there). Sometimes it's not a problem, but sometimes it is.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4071 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.