Singularity Viewer Problem .. Help Please!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3927 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi All,

I have a strange thing occuring in the Singularity Viewer (v1.8.0) that does not occur in other viewers (current LL, Firestorm 4.4). Basically A certain type of texture that I have created is not displaying properly in the Viewer. I have tried in the LL viewer and works fine. If I clear cache, and occasionally on log-on, the texture looks fine until I get closer to it, after that point it will not look correct.

The texture was created in GIMP, with a transparent background (Alpha), and I draw a black line around the edge and blur it. The following files show what occurs to the texture:

deck shdw 1238x1410 - The file uploaded as a texture

deck shdw 1238x1410.png

initial - applied to a prim and viewed at a distance

initial.jpg

correct - viewed close up in the LL or Firestorm viewers

correct.jpg

fail - viewed close up in singularity

fail.jpg

Hmmm.... Just at first glance ... seems last picture has trouble with transparency / alpha. Did you compare settings of those in Advanced - section of each viewer ?

ETA : I look at current Singularity-release. Seems they've updated Server Side Appearance - code for their viewer. Maybe something broke or perhaps this already has been fixed ... :robotindifferent:

Thanks all!

I tried TDD123's suggestion and though trying to see the differences bewteen the seetings in the Advanced menu was difficult (not the same between Singularity and LL cur version) I decided to selectively disable certain ones that were appearing in the Singularity Menu. The first one I tried, 'Aggresive Alpha Masking' seems to do the trick, though I do wonder what I might be losing because of this.

Czari - Went to get an Alpha version and just so happens that they had realeased a new version last night (1.8.1), the problem still existed there (prior to the change noted above)

Hutson - Where do I set what to 1 Transparency?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3927 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.