how to stop my chat box from disappearing

mosaic Vaniva

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3943 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

hi ive recently bought  a new pc. and now all my settings have resetted. I fixed most things but one few things I cant figure out. 1 .. how do I stop my IM chat box from disappearing. everytime I type my message, then I go to click something else, my chat box goes away.

2.. how do I stop the IMs poping up on the bottom left hand corner of my screen when someone IMs me.

3. how do I stop my arm moving with the beam when I build/edit something

ive scoured the whole preference and can not find it no where..

ty much appreciated if someone can answer me :D

1 answer to this question

1.  If you are using the Firestorm viewer, you control the chat box appearance/disappearance in Preferences >>> Chat >>> Firestorm >>> Autohide Main chatbar: If this is enabled, then the chat bar at the bottom if the screen will close after you have typed something. Starting to type anything again will cause it to reopen.  There may be a similar function in other viewers, but I cannot say for sure.

2.  You control where notifications of incoming IMs appear on your screen with Preferences >>> Chat >>> Notifications >>> 

• Enable incoming chat popups: Allows Group and/or IM chats to appear onscreen, in either console or toasts, whichever is set below.
    • Group Chats
    • IM Chats
Use console for chat popups instead of floating toasts (Viewer 1.x style): Displays chat in the onscreen left-hand console rather than in bottom-right toasts
  • Show IMs in chat console: Will show IMs in the chat console; this is on the lower left of the screen, not in the communication window.
  • Show group chat in chat console: Will show group chat in the chat console; as noted above, this is on the screen, not in the communication window.

3. The last one I can never be sure of.  I set it ages ago and can't quite remember, but I think you can do it in Preferences >>> Privacy >>> Look At >>> Don't send my selection target hints: Prevents your selection pointer from showing to others.  You can also shut that annoying selection beam off in Firestorm with Preferences >>> Firestorm >>> Avatar >>> Enable selection beam: Disable/enable the display of the particle beam.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3943 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.