There is a problem connecting to voice servers that isnt showing up on grid status.is anyone aware

TouchaHoney Perhaps

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3942 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

this is an ongoing issue since yesterday afternoon. myself as well as several other people i know can not connect to the voice server upon login. Everything was fine we were using voice many of us on different sims. i froze and crashed others relogged at different times. upon relogging there was a notice that we could not connect to the voice server. to check your network and or firewall. with this link https://www.bhr.vivox.com/api2/ the link is a dead one. the page won't load. I waited hours thinking someone would fix the issue. then finally called mcafee to check my firewall and reconfigure if necessary. they took remote control of my pc and did several thigs to rule out the fact it wasnt the firewall. In fact i didn't think it was since it happened to so many of us. the issue is still ongoing when i logged in this morning. I have tried several different viewers all the same issue wont connect. Can someone please help or escalate the issue.

2 answers to this question

If you are a Premium member, you can submit a support ticket or call Live Chat.  Basic members do not have access to those services for technical issues.  Lindens never come to this resident-to-resident Answers service, so they will not see your report here.

We have noticed several people with questions about voice service this weekend.  The bulk of voice support is given by the external application called SLVoice, which is made by the SL voice provider, Vivox.  It's quite possible that Vivox has a technical problem.  I don't know many people who use Voice, but I know that it has always had a history of being a bit flaky.

Voice Service Interruptions

[postED 04 August 2013 12:55 PM PDT] Some residents in-world may be experiencing difficulty using voice chat.

We are currently checking with our service provider to obtain an ETA on their return to service and will update as soon as we have further information.

This entry was posted on Sunday, August 4th, 2013 at 12:55 pm and is filed under SLGrid Status. You can follow any responses to this entry through theRSS 2.0 feed.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3942 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.