Linden Homes and additional land

Mads Hollow

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3922 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi all,

I have a question that i hope you can help me with.

I just became a Premium Member and got a linden home. As you all know Linden Homes cannot be used as a store. So is it possible to have both a Linden home and a Little pice og land (64m2 or 128m2) at the same time?

You can have as much land as you like, but if you want to keep the Linden Home, you'll have to pay extra for more mainland. the next step up would add $5/month to your bill, see http://secondlife.com/land/pricing.php for the whole price scale.  If you abandon the Linden Home, you could instead use that 512 sqm allowance to get a regular mainland up to 512 sqm total, a little more if you use a group to hold the land.

Note that if you want a store parcel, it has to be 144 sqm or larger before you can list it in search. It has to be 512 sqm or larger before you can list events there.

and remember that a parcel that small will only have a teeny tiny amount of prims available, which will affect the looks of your store and what you can display there.

If/when it gets popular, the land owner can also get angry at you for blocking other parcels in the region from access because you're having so many people on your small parcel.

• 2 weeks later...

You can always abandon your Linden home, and then use the 512sqm tier you freed towards the other land you have now... perhaps rent a mixed parcel that allows residential & light commercial & make a home-based business place, or put your biz on the land & your home in the sky..? If you decide later on that you miss your Linden home, you can always get one again but it won't be the same one you had.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3922 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.