Any viewer I use crashes when I try to edit an item. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Issybella Quintessa

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3951 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Whenever I try to edit an item or just click on it,  my viewer freezes and then crashes.  So far I have tried the official Second Life Viewer, Firestorm and Catznip.  I have done clean installs over and over again and still keep on crashing whenever I try to edit or click on an item.  This problem started yesterday.  My computer information since everyone is going to ask that.

Windows 8 64 bit

AMD FX-6200 Six Core Processor

10.0GM RAM

AMD Radeon HD 7570 graphics card.

Yes I updated my graphics drivers.  Yes I have a high speed DSL connection and no issues with that.  Any help appreciated. Thank you.

*ETA*  Rolig TY for your answer, I am going to try that and see if it works.. Will let everyone know if it does!  So far I switched to Singularity Viewer and no issues I can create my items without crashing.

7 answers to this question

Thanks for providing that background information.  That's an unusual problem, but this is the second time someone has asked about it this week.  The answer I gave the last person might fit your case too.  Give it a try >>>   http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Technical/How-to-Fix-Edit-window-crashing/qaq-p/2105873   If it does, please let us know.  I'd love to know for sure.

EDIT:  Fixed link.

• Like 4

http://blog.nalates.net/2010/12/17/graphics-tweaking-for-second-life/

I found that this article is informative, as a start to understand why SL viewers have crashes.

Yes,I've done a clean install yesterday

Microsoft Windows 7 64-bit Service Pack 1

AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series - using gaming pre-sets

I've been seeing my LL Viewer disappear go down momentarily and reappear.

I've experienced that from time to time, both on my previous PC and this one, both with Windows running and both with NVidia cards.

I think it's a small server issue, although I'm not sure. Anyway, it always seems to go away after a while, so you might want to try your preferred viewer in a day or so.

• Like 1

Hiya, im having the same problem its been 3 days now and im a clothing designer.. and really its starting to naff me off to the point of jacking sl in, i have tried everything everyone has been stating and completely nothing is working! i have up todate drivers for everything! im never behind on any of it.. kinda the bonus of having a tech man in the house.. any he has also tried to work out the problems! we have removed sl completely from my pc, and among other things... and then reinstalled sl veiwer firestorm to the updated version everyone is using.. but still not having it, i have tired nearly every veiwer even one of my favourts Nirans is having the same problem when editing... THIS BIT WILL CONFUSE YOU... i have multiple of alts and i have tried everyone of them... all the cache and history have been cleared on ALL my accounts even this one... but yet i can edit linked on my alts and edit all day long... BUT on my pinkrosey fang one i cant! and it crashes?? so it isnt my PC... its only effecting that one account... o.O

I am having the same problem. Its been happening since the updates...but I only crash when editing mesh things not everything. I also have trouble logging in with SL veiwer, Firestorm, and Singularity...I get to the end of loading then poof back to desktop. I've been using Catznip...I'd rather not but it's the only one working, or was...and now it is havign all sorts of issues. Maybe it's tiem I left SL...I'm certainly not buying a new computer for SL when the one I got is still great.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3951 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.