How do I completely uninstall the Beta version? Its messing up the regular viewer now.

FarmerHeels

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3925 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I installed the beta version and ran it.  It was unstable, made lighting flash on and off.  Very unpleasant.  Went back to regular version.  Then, when the recent update occurred, and we all updated the regular viewer, my version of the regular version became like the Beta version.  It has rainbow frames around all the buttons and is unstable and lights flash on and off constantly. 

How can I stop this?  I am running Windows 8 by the way.

2 answers to this question

Uninstalling the Beta probably won't help you though - the release viewer is simply the formally released version of the previous beta. What you're describing is a common problem with Intel graphics on Windows 8. I think I heard it's fixed with more recent video drivers drivers; also you can try going into "Preferences" - "Graphics" - "Advanced" and turning off "Basic Shaders."

You can also download the previous version of the viewer and re-install it but you'll eventually run into a point where you need to update for some reason or other so it isn't a permanent fix.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3925 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.