Best (and by best, I mean cheapest quality) music hosting

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4058 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I feel i'm pretty good around computers.  Building my own PC's is a fun hobby I enjoy.  As far as software goes, I can barely remember to update the apps on my iphone.  

Anyways, I'm far too confused to install a server on my PC like Shoutcast.  I'd rather just host it and be done with it.  Any recommendations for inexpensive hosting options some of you guys use?

I really only need 1 song on loop, however, I would be open to more maybe at a later date.

On that note, is it possible to create a certain song for a certain part of the land?  For example, you walk on a land and hear one music, then you walk into a house and it switches.  Just curious.

Thanks in advance!

You can find some really cheap shoutcaST  hositing in world. I used kickazz streaming for a long time. Search in world for shoutcast stream hosting and you should find plenty

But for what you want to do, migh be easier to find a web host for really cheap and host the music on the web host with a player that plays the song on loop. then link it to the html file/player with media on a prim http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Category:Shared_Media

Your second question is also easily answered:

There is one music-stream URL available per parcel so if you have a single parcel you can only stream (via SL) a single stream.  If you have the land rights, however, you can simply split your land into two parcels and then give each a different stream.

In this country you are assigned "free" server space of a pre determined size depending on your broadband plan.

All you need do is upload your audio, make an .mp3u playlist and assign that as the stream for that land.

For the life of me I see the whole "buy a stream thing" as a total & complete scam. aconfsd.gif

But thats just me.

Streaming places demands on the server that responding to HTTP GET/POST requests don't.  Many hosts will not allow streaming for this reason and will usually require you to pay if "your" server is getting heavy traffic even for 'normal' page requests.  Of course, it could be different in your country ;-0

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4058 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.