Is this possible to create?

Staci1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3962 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi,

I hope i posted this in the right section. Im looking for a set of Laser eyes/heatvision (think of superman or supergirl) that my friend and i can use in a supergirl battle. The twist is we want to be able to both shoot the lasers at the same time at each other resulting in them colliding between us in a laser struggle. Now i was thinking this could be a animation pose Mat so that both avis could be lined up to do it, or think about the kiss and hug deluxe set.. it requires that the other accept the animation prior which could initiate both avis to do it. i have a notecard with what ideas/what im looking for with some examples. Ill paste it below. (Money is no problem on this as well)

some options i figured could be in the menu for the beam while the beams are struggling are as follows

Change color - change the color of the beam for one side or both. NOTE: this will change how the collision point looks colorwise example : 1 beam red from one avi the other beam blue from the other avi, this could make the ball option swirl colors?

Back and forth - The collision point of the beams will go back and forth between both avi's

Explode - As the beams collide they will collide for about 5-10 seconds before a explosion pushes both avis slightly back or far back (not to far)

Ball - As the beams collide the collision point will turn into a ball as the beams both collide and the ball will get bigger and bigger then explode.

As for sounds get a general good sounding for the beams..and the collision point....to be honest there doesnt have to be sound but it would be nice..

EXAMPLES BELOW FROM RANDOM CARTOONS AND VIDEOS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwnnnbvRCxQ at the 2:38 mark.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=le0l5Pb1I0g at the 2:41 mark

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A92zEHIi53Y at the 2:28 mark

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzJ9jka0a34 you can see the 2 mask dueling this way. This is probably the best example. Just a full beam struggle.

as far as I know since the beams would have to be done with inworld particles then a collision point is not possible. It would be possible in a normal animation program as you could put a end point for the two particles and another particle inbetween to create reaction particles but as far as I know this is not possible in SL. Still if someone can prove me wrong I'd be most excited to see it 'cause it does sound intrigueing.

It is perfectly possible if you're skilled with particles and animation~ Essentially the hardest part would be the timing of it all, Particle display X must reach Y by Z time and then the same with particle display 2, Then particle display 3 must go off once display 1,2, reach position A, Animation 1/animation 2 must correspond, but since they are not close to each other you won't notice the discrepencies much~

• Like 1

Lemme think about this out loud. Cover your ears...

I think this might be done with one roving object that locates itself between the two of you. It would be something like one of those follower scripts for bugs or birds, but modified to position itself between two avatars, rather than following one. The object position would be the average of the two avatar positions. You could then add controls to the thing accessible from anyone who touches it. Here you could change the weighting for the average so that the object moves closer to one avatar than the other. Inside that thing, you'd place a particle emitter that creates the collision effects you want.

Once you have that thing working, create two prims, each containing particle generators that emit particles targetting the UUID of the roving collision object. Link those two prims together with a separation matching that of your avatar's eyes, then attach it to "skull" and position it so that the streams of particles are coming from the avatar eyes. Set the particle lifetime to be short, so that the particles travel quickly to the collision point. Otherwise they'll look more like they're coming from a garden hose than your lasery eyes.

The last problem to be solved is to turn your avatar to face the roving collision point object. That could be done by prims you sit on that pose you both as desired and steer you towards the collision point. Getting your avatars to interact dynamically with the collision point (as in being repulsed by the explosion) would be a bit more difficult. My knowledge of vehicle/avatar dynamics doesn't reach that far.

It's a pretty neat idea, but will require some effort (and perhaps slightly reduced expectations) to carry off.

Good luck!

• Like 1

Im COMPLETLY new to ever trying animation/scripting etc etc. i do have a little particle creator, but like i said. i have no idea what im doing (sighs). If anyone wishes to guide/help me with this project L's will be provided. :) 

Well, We all start somewhere! Avastar is great for animation, but Qavimator is the free easier alternative and is much more intuitive to use and begin with. It allows you to add multiple avatars to the scene so you can make the anim in sync, then export each seperately.

http://qavimator.org/

No longer in development but its working edition is just fine, Minus some few bugs. Free to use, easy to understand

And if you want to hear my annoying voice explaining it 

(Back when I used to teach over at HHBS)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3962 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.