Is it possible to have your IM's hacked

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4006 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Is it possible for someone to see your IM's?  Can they hack your account and see your conversation history? Or  get in to your harddrive through SL?

the other day my IM would be sent but what I typed would stay in the queue, I would need to delete the message before I could type another or I would send the same message twice.  The person I suspect,  the message they were sending to me would be sent twice.  Am i paranoid or should I be concerned?

Sounds to me like you just upgraded to a newer viewer after a long time on  one that did not do that. I don't know about most, but that aggravates me a lot with how it works in Firestorm.

What happens is you press one of the arrow keys (such as to walk) without realizing it while the chat is the active window. It is 'assumed' that you did that because you want to populate the chat with what you had in it before for another send.

Erik Verity wrote:

Sounds to me like you just upgraded to a newer viewer after a long time on  one that did not do that. I don't know about most, but that aggravates me a lot with how it works in Firestorm.

What happens is you press one of the arrow keys (such as to walk) without realizing it while the chat is the active window. It is 'assumed' that you did that because you want to populate the chat with what you had in it before for another send.

I've never searched through preferences, etc, if there is a way to turn this off, but I know I would sure love to.

Perrie Juran wrote:

I've never searched through preferences, etc, if there is a way to turn this off, but I know I would sure love to.

I can't say I looked too hard, but I haven't found it either. For a command prompt window, it's very useful. For chat, I haven't gotten anything from it but aggravation.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4006 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.