Snapshot is pixelated

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3940 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I took a snapshot inworld this morning and it looked fine when I first looked at it. Now, when I open it, it is so pixelated I can barely make out the people and objects in it. What happened? And how can I get it to be nice and sharp again? I uploaded it to my inventory as a 512 x 512 px image.

Thanks.

If you want to save all the deatil in your snapshots, save to disk or to your profile feed. You can always upload the ones you want to use inworld later, and you can use a photo editor to shrink them to SL friendly dimensions beforehand. This will let you pick resampling that could be better than what the SL snapshot facility uses automatically.

• Like 1

You might leave the image open for a while, in hope that maybe the texture didn't fully load yet. Maybe aks someone else to take a look, it could be stuck half loaded in your cache and maybe would look fine for others. You won't really be able to recapture the detail if it is really gone, but there are filters for Photoshop etc. that will make valiant efforts.

• Like 1

You might also try clearing you cache. Sometimes textures get corrupted and doing that will reload them for you. There have been rare instances when the textures have simply "gone bad" in the database, but I haven't seen that happen in years so hopefully that isn't your issue.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3940 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.