"The texture is empty. Upload_InvalidAsset"

Sy Beck

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3960 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

This is the message I got when trying to upload a model, "The texture is empty. Upload_InvalidAsset".

I've never ran into this message/error before and I can't find any reference to it on the net either.  

Now for some context.  Last week I started using Maya (2012) for the first time and I have been basically messing around learning all the stuff that's different from Blender.

I made a simple sofa as a test exercise and got myself lost and confused, despite the tutorials that are available, when trying to UV map/unwrap.  I had though while messing around earlier directly applied a texture to the legs of the sofa within Maya by just selecting the leg faces and assigning a material and texture.  While uploading a test model on the grid to check something else I ticked the "upload textures" to see what would happen.  Well my model uploaded with a lovely set of textured legs.

I thought to myself, "that's a simple way to apply some textures quickly."  So I started applying material and textures to different parts of the model gradually and was importing each time I did that to check that they still would upload, and they did for another two occasions till the third occasion when I got the error/message above.

So I'm at a loss as to how to correct the error message and wondering whether I've made some specific Maya error, which I'm unaware of yet.  Any tips and suggestions are gladly welcome though it's late here and I'm off to my bed so i won't be able to add further info till tomorrow morning.

I have no idea if this has anything to do with your issue but I had a terrible time today on Aditi uploading and OLD and USED dae file. I eventually got it into the Aditi grid by paying 178 linden instead of 17. So it may just be that there were major issues over there today. Didn't read your post carefully but assuming you don't test on the main grid *wink*.

That's all I know.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3960 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.