Turn Off Sparkly Animation on Mod Crystals

Sterling Firecaster

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3983 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Found these great FREE crystals. However, my developing SL skill set is limited.

Help needed: How to turn off the animated sparkles.

Crystals for Free, so you can check at no cost: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/FREE-KL-Quartz-Cluster-particle-effect-for-your-garden/930555

Thanks for your help. I'm sure my altar will look great without the sparkles.

1 answer to this question

Since the crystals have Mod perms, you can get rid of the particle effect yourself.  It's a two-step process.  Make a copy of the crystals first so that you always have a backup to play with later.  Then:

1. Select the crystal with your Build/Edit tool, navigate to the Contents page, and then delete the script that's in it.  That will keep the crystal from regenerating particles, but it won't get rid of the particle source that's already there.  To do that, go on to step 2.

2.  While you're still in the Contents page, click the New Script button.  Double click on the script to open it, and then replace its entire contents with the following:

default{    state_entry()    {        llParticleSystem([]);        llRemoveInventory(llGetScriptName() );    }}

You can just copy/paste the replacement from here. Click the "Save" button to save the new script.  As soon as you do that, the script will immediately remove the particle source and delete itself.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3983 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.