Granting Un-lock/lock permission

Arko11

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3990 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am wondering if it is possible for me to grant someone permission to UNLOCK onjects on my land?  My landlord helps me with a lot of terraforming and does so with me present as I need to unlock things for him.  He has permission to move objects, and terraform.  But it would be very helpful if there was a way for him to be able to UNLOCK things and re-lock them when needed ---- is there anyway I can allow just him to do this?

Arko

Arko11 wrote:

I am wondering if it is possible for me to grant someone permission to UNLOCK onjects on my land?  My landlord helps me with a lot of terraforming and does so with me present as I need to unlock things for him.  He has permission to move objects, and terraform.  But it would be very helpful if there was a way for him to be able to UNLOCK things and re-lock them when needed ---- is there anyway I can allow just him to do this?

Arko

Nope. It's not an option available.

Arko11 wrote:

Arko

Help me out here. Can you explain what you mean by unlock?

If you are refering to locked linkset objects via the edit menu, I believe there is a way through permissions.

If not maybe I can learn something new :matte-motes-wink:

Perrie Juran wrote:

I just double checked on a friends land for whom I have edit rights.

The ability to lock or unlock is not granted (is greyed out) with edit rights.

I am not aware of any way to circumvent this,

I had to double check as well. Taking the object allows you to unlock the object if you have the proper permissions.

Suspiria Finucane wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

I just double checked on a friends land for whom I have edit rights.

The ability to lock or unlock is not granted (is greyed out) with edit rights.

I am not aware of any way to circumvent this,

I had to double check as well. Taking the object allows you to unlock the object if you have the proper permissions.

If you take an object that belongs to someone else then ownership changes to you and next owner permissions are applied when you rez the object.

I'd suspect that a lot of things that the OP wants to allow his land lord to play with are no transfer.  You can't take someone elses no transfer object.

And actually technically you cant 'take' a 'no copy' object unless you have 'bought' it first, so again, ownership would have changed.   That's how yard sales work.

Suspiria Finucane wrote:

The question was: "I am wondering if it is possible for me to grant someone permission to UNLOCK o
n
(b)
jects on my land?"

The answer is yes.

How one chooses to accomplish that is decided by each individual circumstance.

True.

Although the OP did not specifically state that they belonged to him I inferred from his problem that the objects belonged to him.  If they are transferable, allowing his Land Lord to take or by giving them to his Land Lord would be a possible solution.  If they are not transferable, then he would need to unlock them himself.

One other option he does have available if all they need is to be moved is to select "anyone can move" in the general tab of the edit window for the duration of the project.     EDIT:  I need to double check but don't think that can be done on a "locked object"  My bad.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3990 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.