Friends account locked unjustly

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3983 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I would highly recommend your friend simply pick up the phone and call customer service. They are extremely helpful and in billing situations, or where an account may have been hacked they would bend over backwards to help. If she isn't willing to do that, then I too believe there may be more to her story than she is telling you, and beware of those in the game that will scam money from you to try and "right" a not so honest situation. Good luck on getting things straightened out, and I hope she is telling you the truth and/ or she isn't scamming for money. Take care..you have to watch your back in this game....

hmm something I just thought of, there were some serious hackers in SL recently that offered free items if you logged in to what looked like an LL sign in screen for the Market Place. Once logged in on that screen, they had the password and the Second Life name, and could have entered it and gained access to her banking information on file. She should contact her bank and ask for the exact name of the company that's incurring the charges on her account. It may be something very close to the Linden Labs name, but isn't the real Linden Labs. If there isn't any verification on the transaction history on the account, from Linden Labs side, then someone else is doing it. Good luck, I am sure all of us would like to hear how things turn out.

I highly recommend to everyone to get a PayPal account and use that for your financial transactions with LL.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3983 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.