Buying and selling lands

Zhybrid

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4007 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Indeed, there are residents involved in buying/selling land.  Perhaps one will post here.  I used to have a small number of parcels that I rented out but eventually the tenants moved on either renting elsewhere for a change of scene or purchased their own land.  I was not in it to make money.  I charged just enough to cover the tier.

Some purchase through auctions and some purchase from other sellers.  One does not sell land in an auction. LL runs an auction for abandoned land.  If you purchase land in auction, you must either sell it to someone else or abandon it to LL if you do not want it anymore.

Buying and selling land is 'safe' (I am not sure exactly what you mean by that question).  Profitable is another issue.  You might spend some time studying land prices in areas that appeal to you before you take the plunge.  Buy a modest parcel in an area you like for starters.

Good luck!

yeah, with safe i was meaning profitable yes eheh, i saw that we have to pay a fee monttly and it's very high :matte-motes-agape: in that time if we could not sell it again can be bad. Yeah i actually tried to understand how the whole concept works and the prices but i kinda didn't get it yet. Thank you for awnser :) hope someone in the scene can give some advices.

In early 2008, I was doing pretty well buying carefully-selected land and selling it at a profit.  Then LL, for reasons known only to them, flooded the market with new land, driving prices to unprecidented low levels.  There was a dramatic decrease in SL wealth.  Fortunately for me, I was able to liquidate my inventory without much loss.

The lesson from this is that LL can, and will, bring about dramatic changes in market conditions without warning at any time.

Besides that risk, since then land prices have been so low, except for adult land, that it would be hard to make enough to make land trading worth while.

Jennifer Boyle wrote:

In early 2008, I was doing pretty well buying carefully-selected land and selling it at a profit.  Then LL, for reasons known only to them, flooded the market with new land, driving prices to unprecidented low levels.  There was a dramatic decrease in SL wealth.  Fortunately for me, I was able to liquidate my inventory without much loss.

The lesson from this is that LL can, and will, bring about dramatic changes in market conditions without warning at any time.

Besides that risk, since then land prices have been so low, except for adult land, that it would be hard to make enough to make land trading worth while.

They killed the land market with the continents spam and then the 3 continents of linden homes to finish it off...

Only reason to live on an estate is not being at the mercy of LL and some well thought out layouts, ofcourse, most are still a "free for all" like the mainland thankfully

Zhybrid wrote:

Hum, i see, that means there are no conditions to do that at the moment right ? Or you still manage to do it ?

As I said, "The lesson from this is that LL can, and will, bring about dramatic changes in market conditions without warning at any time."

That makes it too risky, IMHO, at least for people doing what I was doing.  I looked for parcels that had some feature that made them more attractive than average that were offered at or below average prices.  I didn't have a lot of expertise, but I could recognize a bargain.

Alicia Sautereau wrote:

They killed the land market with the continents spam and then the 3 continents of linden homes to finish it off...

Only reason to live on an estate is not being at the mercy of LL and some well thought out layouts, ofcourse, most are still a "free for all" like the mainland thankfully

the land flippers killed the market by making mainland unaffordable for the average resident, to which LL replied by increasing the size of the land and offering every premium account holder a free home.

Now the land market sees more realistic prices (for the most part, there's still some flipping land at inflated prices, especially on Zindra).

Of course on top of this are unscrupulous land flippers who make residents "an offer too good to refuse" to sell their land at way below market prices, and when the offer is refused the land owner gets hit by griefers until he abandons his property or takes the flipper up on the offer anyway (I have heard this time and again from people who have no reason to twist the truth about their experience).

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4007 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.