Selling old clothes

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4142 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Czari Zenovka wrote:

Trinity Yazimoto wrote:

well this give me ideas..

there is long time now i wanted to make something like this.. i have tons of items i never use anymore and i wanted to make something, but more like a meeting where everyone will be able to show what they have to give away and just give to pp who wants them, without asking money. 

idk... 

or at really really low price...

ill keep thinking about this, and if some wants to join this idea, let me know :smileywink:

Hi Trinity. :matte-motes-smile:  As I mentioned in my previous post, there are groups that hold yard sales and allow members to participate.  Something similar to a "Neighborhood Yard Sale" that I see in RL where an entire housing community holds a huge sale twice a year or so could be done in some fashion in SL.  I don't mean that huge or a "neighborhood" but friends coming together and selling their items.  A mixed item sale (ie. clothes, different styles of clothes, furnishings, etc.) generally draw more people.

This thread has made me think of some items I would like to sell as well.  I was thinking of listing them on the MP in the Used section, but a group sale would be fun!

In fact i was thinking to my group. Then everyone could select smth she wants to give away, we find a nice spot in my garden and then one after one, show what we want to give away and the first one who say "me" get the item. lol... something fun and convivial, where everyone can meet each others and make new friend, babble, chit chat etc.... yeah you know, girls stuff lol...

Of course it would not be limited to women only, and neither to only clothes items (but its so more funny to display the item when its clothes in front of other pp than on a simple pic), and of course neither to only my group or customers.... i said my group bec its already a lil amount of pp that i can contact easily, but everyone would be welcome.

the only pb, is that this requieres time for organisation and i dont have a lot.... grrrrr... so well... maybe if some other pp would be helping, it could be more motivation.

ps : i said "give away", but it can be " sell" aswell.. another good side on displaying the clothes while wearing them, is that there wont be any surprise for the pp who will get it, they will see it worn.

ps2 : some rules would need to be settled for decide who get the item, or a maximum item per person, etc.... i think that it can be done periodically, and every session would be better than the one before of course.

ps 3 (lol) and to answer directly to your post about yardsale... no i wont put my stuffs in boxes somewhere i dont know... when the box will be empty, this one will remain for long time, eating a prim on the land impact for the landowner (1 box =  1 items, tons of items = tons of boxes so tons of prims) (not to mention the time requiered to make the package and pic). On top what i have to give away are really great items and often not cheap,and i want to give them for free, most of the time, i think its the minimum, i see who will get them and exchange some words with this person. For me its less impersonal.. i want the fact to give away some of my things being something friendly, human, and funny,... its not commercial at all for me... 

Czari Zenovka wrote:

Phil Deakins wrote:

I want to give away my virginity. Can I come to the meet?

Hey Trinity!  Phil is "volunteering" again.  Since we have yet to set things up for his last "request" - we could incorporate the two. *Evil grin*

Adding to this idea: Since viriginity is not only rare but a "one-time" deal, we could either hold a raffle where we sell tickets and the winning ticket "wins" - or we could hold an auction - highest bidder "wins."

ahahhahhahahhahhahha

i forgot about the 'last request" indeed !!! it seems that Phil is insisting a lot lol... and i love the idea of auction of course.....

@ Phil, i just let you notice, im not the one who had the idea :matte-motes-evil:

Perrie Juran wrote:

Phil Deakins wrote:

/me thinks briefly about mating with Phil

/me ponders a moment and shakes my head

/me decides to pass on the offer

oh no !!!!!!

so shame.... a martian virginity !!!! Czari and i would have been rich till the end of our life !

Is it a way you could change your decision Perrie ? :matte-motes-bashful-cute:

Trinity Yazimoto wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

Phil Deakins wrote:

/me thinks briefly about mating with Phil

/me ponders a moment and shakes my head

/me decides to pass on the offer

oh no !!!!!!

so shame.... a martian virginity !!!! Czari and i would have been rich till the end of our life !

Is it a way you could change your decision Perrie ? :matte-motes-bashful-cute:

I hadn't considerred auctioning off my virginity.  I wonder what I should start the bidding at?

But getting back to the topic itself, I did a brief perusal of Yard Sales last night in SL.  I hit about a dozen places that came up in search.  They were all as I had seen the last time I went looking, primarily regurgitated freebies. 

Flea Market would be a better term to describe them than "Yard Sale." 

The term "Yard Sale" is over used and abused.

Perrie Juran wrote:

I hadn't considerred auctioning off my virginity.  I wonder what I should start the bidding at?

ooops, sorry Perry, i ve read your post while i was closing my office at library (my rl job) and ive been busy to look at the dictionnary... lol, so i just guessed, or..... hoped.... lol

Trinity Yazimoto wrote:

there is long time now i wanted to make something like this.. i have tons of items i never use anymore and i wanted to make something, but more like a meeting where everyone will be able to show what they have to give away and just give to pp who wants them, without asking money. 

idk... 

ill keep thinking about this, and if some wants to join this idea, let me know :smileywink:

Czari's posts before this made me think something like this would be really fun, so if you do decide to go ahead count me in. I'd started sorting inventory into a 'give away' folder some time back but I got busy and the project stalled. I'll speak to my staff about getting that moved back into the 'active' file. For the record I did read all the posts between the one I'm replying to and this one.

Without identifying anyone or anything: I believe the bidding should start here:

Dillon Levenque wrote:

Trinity Yazimoto wrote:

idk... 

Czari's posts before this made me think something like this would be really fun, so if you do decide to go ahead count me in. I'd started sorting inventory into a 'give away' folder some time back but I got busy and the project stalled. I'll speak to my staff about getting that moved back into the 'active' file. For the record I did read all the posts between the one I'm replying to and this one.

Without identifying anyone or anything: I believe the bidding should start here:

oh nice Dillon, i will note this. 

i dont know when i ll have time to organize it. Yet i know a lot of girls of my group are interested. we will have to decide a timing for pp for they display their items to give away. and other lil rules for it s fair for everyone. Plus a maximum of item to give and one of item to get. And we will do this regularly, and will try to do it at several time zones. (for this ill need some "officiers" from diff timezones (like you) for opening my land, just for this meeting, i mean rezz perm).

There is long time i d like to do such thing. Main reason is bec i think it will be a friendly and fun moment :smileyhappy:

so im going to start to sort my inventory, and put all the transfer items i dont want anymore in a special folder. It shoul be great if we can start meetings around end of june or beguining of july. :smileyhappy:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4142 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.