Region landing point

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4004 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi, I need some help please.

I am a new estate (Private region) owner and I am having a problem with changing the region landing point from 128,128,14 (underwater) to where I want it to be. There is a lake in the centre of the island with parcels for rent all around it. The only part of the island not parceled is one corner where my home is and the lake in the middle. Both these two pieces of land are in the same group and I have deeded these two pieces of land to the group. At the moment anyone visiting via search for  the island name or via the map land at 128,128,14 underwater. I have set a landing point where I want it to be on the central piece of land but it is not working. Is it possible to change a region landing point or do I need to re-do the landscape and make an above water landing point in the middle of the lake?

Hope some one can help - thanks

If you want to force people to land at your chosen landing point:

About Land window

Options tab

Landing point (go to the location and click Set button

Teleport routing Click for dropdown menu

click teleport routing

Remember, landing point applies to a parcel, not to the sim, so the 128, 128 point must be in the same parcel as your landing point in order for your landing point to override the map choices.  If you want potential customers to come to your landing point, you will also want to give Landmarks or SLurls to the landing point.  

TKR

---------

jwenting wrote:

and keep in mind that setting teleport routing can interfere with some teleporter pads and other items that use teleporting to move avatars around.

This is so true, I had that problem and people could not TP to different areas of the sim using the TP signs. I just had a set landing point where I wanted people to land to get information and for "teleport Routing" I chose "anywhere' from the drop down menu.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4004 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.