MLP Issue I'm Not sure what happened

Ambyer Nightfire

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4018 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

First I appologize for being long winded, I just want to try to explain this as best and clear as I can so hopefully someone sees the issue and can help me.

I was going along doing wonderful. I had my poses put in the bed, and now what I was doing was adjusting them so that when a customer climbed on you wouldn't have the man hanging off the headboard while the woman was laying on the floor or some stupid something like that. I wanted them relatively in the right position then so all the customer has to do is tweak them for their sizes and they are good to go.

I adjusted the Doggy menu. Just wonderful. Then I went to save the poses into the notecard. I didn't use "dump poses" because I had simply copied and pasted each new pose in notepad as I saved them because I have the poses separated into separate notecards in the menu (doggy, oral, cuddle and such). I went to reset the shut down and restart the bed so that it would read the new poses so I could check and make sure everything saved properly and this is what happened.

[21:00] : Restart
[21:00] Cardinal Sins Bed Overlay: Reading .POSITIONS
[21:00] Cardinal Sins Bed Overlay: Reading .POSITIONS.3some
[21:00] Cardinal Sins Bed Overlay: Reading .POSITIONS.BDSM
[21:00] Cardinal Sins Bed Overlay: Reading .POSITIONS.Cuddle
[21:00] Cardinal Sins Bed Overlay: Reading .POSITIONS.Doggy
[21:00] Cardinal Sins Bed Overlay: Reading .POSITIONS.Female Top
[21:00] Cardinal Sins Bed Overlay: Reading .POSITIONS.Kissing
[21:00] Cardinal Sins Bed Overlay: Reading .POSITIONS.Male Top
[21:00] Cardinal Sins Bed Overlay: Reading .POSITIONS.Oral
[21:00] Cardinal Sins Bed Overlay: Reading .POSITIONS.Standing
[21:03] Cardinal Sins Bed Overlay: Reading .POSITIONS

As you can see it almost looks ilke it's trying to read .POSITIONS a second time. Anyways it gets stuck here and just simply doesn't do anything at all. Ever. After 15 minutes I gave up on it and picked the bed up into my inventory. Then I re-rezzed the bed and this is what happened.

[21:03] Cardinal Sins Bed Overlay: ===> WARNING: Multiple .POSITIONS* entries for 'default'
[21:03] Cardinal Sins Bed Overlay: Reading .POSITIONS.3some
[21:03] Cardinal Sins Bed Overlay: ===> WARNING: Multiple .POSITIONS* entries for 'MFM Double Penetration'

there were a LOT more warning multiple positions that it gave, but to save space I just listed those.

Now to make sure I wasn't being stupid I went back through and no, there are not multiple .POSITION entries. I checked and checked and checked again. Once again it almost seems like it's trying to read the notecards more than once maybe?

Has anyone ever encountered this? Do you have any ideas what I might be doing or what is going wrong here?

You may get responses from folks with more MLP-specific experience if you ask in the "MLPV2" group, in-world.

Speaking for myself, I'd have to dig into the source code to try to figure out what might trigger it to read notecards more than once, and then I'd need to be sure I was looking at the right version of the source, and before long I'd be asking for the notecards, and it would be... a project.

On the subject of versions, you probably will want to be sure you're using a reasonably current one (whatever that may be -- another thing the group may be able to help figure out).

I got to digging and I think you might be on to something. I am using a dated version, plus I believe I have attempted to use too much "memory" adding too many animations. It looks like it's now time for me to cut their names down and see if I can squeeze a few more out of this.

Also I went to jPose Island last night and picked up the newest version. I think that will be a huge help to me.

Thanks for the advice.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4018 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.