Starfox Saurian Translator: how was it made?

zigazav

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3994 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Okay, I have a problem: There are some items I wanted to buy, but seem to no longer on the SL marketplace. The items are: The ICM Lucario, and the Starfox Saurian translator. (Forgot who sold it.) But this thread is about the translator. Since I probably will never see it again, I want to learn how the creator made it. And please don't direct me to Krystalarchive for this, it's not convenient enough for me for SL, since I have to open my web browser for that, which I will eventually need to erase the browsing history yet again. And there is no Saurian translator on iOS either, so I'm wishing to somehow get the Saurian translator. I regret not buying it such a long time ago. I have a StarFox Adventures outfit Krystal avatar, so I want her to speak the fictional language she speaks in part of the game. If I had the money, I'd buy the StarFox Adventures Saurian translator, but I gave all my L$ to my mate, since he needed money because SL won't let him buy anymore Linden for awhile. If someone could help me with this problem, I'd be very grateful.

I think it sjust a substitution of charcaters by others .

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z English
U R S T O V W X A Z B C M D E F G H J K I L N P 0 Q Saurian

Use 2 lists with the the english alphabet and the saurian alphabet .
The letter translated has the same index in the saurian alphabet than the index in the english alphabet 

string alphabetEnglish = "abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz";string alphabetSaurian = "urstovwxazbcmdefghjkilnp0q";string translate(string inputMessage , string alphabetSource , string alphabetDest){    integer index;    integer i;    string output;    string letter;    do    {        index = llSubStringIndex(alphabetSource, letter = llGetSubString(inputMessage,i,i));        if ( index != -1)        {   // we have found the letter in the source aphabet .. So we translate it            output += llGetSubString(alphabetDest, index, index);        }        else        {             // we have not found the letter in the source aphabet .. So we add it as in input            output += letter;        }    }    while (++i < llStringLength(inputMessage));    return output;  }// USAGE :// translate( message , alphabetEnglish , alphabetSaurian ) = > translates from english to saurian// translate( message , alphabetSaurian , alphabetEnglish ) = > translates from saurian to english // you may build your own alphabets . Try to get alphabets with the same length

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3994 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.