Are pre-paid creditcards accepted?

Ashlene McMinnar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4042 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Due to the recent ToS changes I'm forced to add a creditcard to my paypal account, eventhough I'm verified with my bank. As stated in other topics; 

"Often the initial agreement can't be set up due to an unverified PayPal account. To use your PayPal account with Linden Lab, it must be verified and have a credit card on file as a backup funding source.

Linden Lab does not accept e-check (bank account) payments through PayPal because they cannot be processed quickly enough to match the instant delivery of virtual goods and services.  Therefore, we require that you have a credit card on file with PayPal as a backup payment source."

Now, I cannot actually get a creditcard but I can get a prepaid creditcard such as a V3 Visa card. I know those cards can be linked to your paypal account as a creditcard but does anyone know if LL will actually accept these as valid creditcards too and allow them to be used for L$ purchases? 

5 answers to this question

No.

Issues with prepaid and gift cards

A common cause of payment method failure is the use of unsupported card types. At this time, the majority of prepaid cards are not compatible with our system, even if they bear the VISA/AMEX/Mastercard logo. This includes cards purchased at retail stores, rechargeable credit cards, and bank-issued check cards.

• Like 1

Most prepaid cards are not accepted but it's worth a call to the billing support, Ashlene. :smileyhappy:

• US/Canada: 800-294-1067
  • France: 0805-101-490
  • Germany: 0800-664-5510
  • Japan: 0066-33-132-830
  • Portugal: 800-814-450
  • Spain: 800-300-560
  • UK: 0800-048-4646
  • Brazil: 0800-762-1132

Long distance (not free): 703-286-6277 (use Skype to save some cost)

Billing Support is available twenty four hours a day, seven days a week in the US, UK, and Canada and 7 days a week in all other countries listed above.

• Like 1

Its a shame, we can't now more order lindens in holland and europe, even when you add your bank account to paypal.

but strange, marketplace items will be payed trough paypal quick, but ordering L$  works not, there will be needed a creditcard,when want set up payment on file,and 99% of europe have no creditcards.

SL will dy soon with this new tos rules, i cant pay now more my tier :(

why not a ordering l$ posibillity with using marketplace??

when can get items from MP,and they are payed direct,with paypal, why not order l$ with MP/paypal ?

• Like 1

its a petition you can read it in english on the side, all ppl are sad and mad because the new rules with the lindens, you should all sign this petition , its a little light maybe they change....but i am hopeless...i dont have a creditcard and i live in germany, i must talk to my bank or i leave SL

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4042 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.