I need examples of stock body files. For learning rigging purpose

SirWaclaw

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4071 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1. I use 3ds max.

2. Uploaded few models to SL already.

And now.

I want to try to make clothes for SL in 3ds max. But I don't know how to make it fit SL models, what bones are named etc. Also, maybe some simple shirt or something for example.

I just want to see how it looks in max, also, to make sure my clothes would fit.

All tutorials I found are for blender.

So.

What I need
is model of stock SL body and if you have such a thing, example of something rigged for avatar to wear.

I should be able to learn rest myself.

I found 6 examples in this blender tutorial, but I don't think they are too old or broken (no finger bones, bones with wrong rotation point etc).

And this slav thing. I wish it worked. When I try to load model, it says wrong file format (model provided with slav).

I think Blender uses another axis setup than 3ds max, 3ds max uses x axis forward. If that's the case, it might explain your rotated bones.

There are no bones for the fingers on the SL avatar, all hand movements you see are morphs, not animations.

SLAV should work, did you run the mse script as explained on the SLAV page? You can't open the files directly, the script imports them for you. There are two scripts, one is for pre-2012 versions, the other is for 2012 and 2013 versions (and 2014?).

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4071 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.