Need help on how to use a new skin - how do you "try on" the options.

JosephXavier

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4071 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

The skin comes with a bunch of options, like more than one set of eyebrows.  How do I try them on and see them in order to choose?  (The skin did not come in a box and is already unpacked in my inventory.)  I can't figure out how to look at my own avatar.

JosephXavier wrote:

I can't figure out how to look at my own avatar.

One way to do it (works in all viewers) is:

• Press down ALT key, left click your avatar

• Still keeping ALT key down and holding down left mouse button --> pan your mouse sideways

This way you can see your avatar from any direction

• Still keeping ALT key down and holding down left mouse button --> pan your mouse forward and backward

This way you can zoom in and out from your avatar

JosephXavier wrote:

I have no idea which viewer I'm using.  It's whatever one I downloaded a few days ago.

You can see it from the viewer menu: "Help, About..."

Besides the viewer info, there are also lots of info about your computer.

Welcome to SL, JosephXavier! It sounds like you're using the official Linden Labs Second Life viewer. When you create an account, there are little pop up tutorials about enabling camera controls, and other basics the first time you log in.  Those can be handy for helping to figure out the viewer and how to get around.  As for trying on the different skins, you right click on them in your inventory and choose wear.

I believe you were asking this same question last evening but your post had no text in it.  I took a guess on what you were asking about.......which is part of what you are asking right now.  I posted a screenshot and a brief explanation on how to use camera controls.  Maybe it will help since you are, apparently, using the official SL Viewer 3.

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Avatar/How-do-you-view-your-own-avatar-from-the-front/qaq-p/1995355/comment-id/12824#M12824

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4071 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.