Constant Crashing

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4012 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

My friends and myself all use different viewers, some of us using the new Firestorm, some using Singularity, others using the SL viewer itself. All of us after midnight SLT no matter where we are on the grid all start crashing at the same time, we are not the only ones dealing with this issue, there are several of us that are facing this problem and it just began to happen Tuesday around midnight, is there a problem on the LL side of things or something wrong with the grid?  it doesn't matter what Sims we are on, even if we are not all together, we still all crash. 

I'm in SoCal and yesterday I crashed every 10 to 20 minutes as I photographed Fantasy Fair. 

I tried the SL Dev, Beta, and Main viewer 3.5.1 (274821). All had about the same crash rates. According tot he logs there is some issue with mis-sized images 0x0x1px. Which obvioulsy is not going to work.

Firestorm was able to survive and stay up and running. But, it was increadible slow; 0.5 to 7 FPS.

I have the 314.22 NVIDIA driver for a GTX560. It was working fine so, I doubt it is that driver.

I cleared the cache and that made no difference. I cleared the settings and that made no difference. Reboots and gateway restarts did not help.

At this point we probably need to get the Lindens attention. File a JIRA with all the information you can. An item the JIRA system does not ask for is the TIME of the problem. Be sure to include as exact a time as you can and a location. That allows them to look at the correct server's logs.

I want to join the rant.... Let me start by saying that I'm very smart. I started playing second life a little more than 7 years ago and found it to be a worthy diversion. After learning LSL I created several anti-greefer tools, spearheaded a special plugin for Lightwave 3D that allowed the creation of complex sculpted prims with a high level of quality. I built things for friends and strangers that are still being duplicated and shared amongst thousands of SL players. I actively advertised how cool SL was to colleagues, friends and strangers. After a little less than a year, and some fateful client or server software update, SL started crashing ALL THE TIME! I started trying new clients. Working with every suggestion in the book and a few I invented myself. I was only able to reduce the crashes by a tiny fraction. I had amassed a nice pile of Linden$ and friends. I bid farewell to them all... until just recently. So here I am, over 6 years later cringing at the horrible coding and short sighted implementation of the whole thing. STILL CRASHING! There were a few super-humans like myself that just up-ended the whole endeavor. It's my feeling that SL doesn't deserve my participation. It sounds conceited, but I assure you there are many more like me you've lost. It's hard to calculate what we may have accomplished if the software wasn't a steaming pile of crap.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4012 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.