Error w/ MLPV2.3l

Raven Quine

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4045 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I don't know if anyone can help with this or not. I've looked at the pages on the wiki for the MLPV2.3 but couldn't not find information on this. I've posted what the error message is below.

Reading .POSITIONS.couple
[16:22] Sectional Sofa 1: ===> WARNING: Multiple .POSITIONS* entries for 'Embrace'
[16:22] Sectional Sofa 1: ===> WARNING: Multiple .POSITIONS* entries for 'Caress'

I have three different poses in this pose set, one of them works just fine, the other two give me this error. I've trie copying the info from the save and from the dump, neither seems to get it to work. The poses are not the same for the two pose balls, and I have another pose set started with one set up in it that works just fine. I can't think what the issue could be. I'm not script savy, so I haven't messed with the script at all. I followed the format of the notecards that came in the package, and I don't see what I'm doing differently. If anyone can help I would really appreciate it.

The end support is only there if I donate L$1,000. I can not be the only person who has gotten this system to work with and has this issue. I got this for my personal use, I do not plan on selling anything I'm making with it. I just can not find anything that references error, the only thing close is if there are too many poses installed, of 3 couples poses, so a total of 6 poses, two of the grouping are not working. I even adjusted another twosome notecard so it has multiple pose sets on it, and it's working just fine. I can not see what is different between the two in the way I have them set up.

I guess I'll just keep going through the trial and error.

Innula,

The poses all have different names, I've cheked and checked, maybe because the pose and the menue name are similar? I don't know.

I never think to look for groups on some of these things. Thank you for suggesting that. I will joing it when I'm inworld this evening. Thank you, thank you. You're an angel. ^_^

I've now had a chance to examine the scripts.   I think that the error is being generated by the user function add_pose, which is defined at lines 149 and following of the ~memory script.    That is certainly checking (at lines 258 and following) if the string between the {curly brackets} in the .POSITIONS card has already been added to the Poses list.

So I would double check everything that appears between { and } in the .POSITIONS cards, looking for duplicates.

Since you are seeking free end user support, it might help if you posted copies of the notecard that is giving you the error and the one that is performing correctly. That way, noone would have to try to guess what you're doing wrong using third person trial and error.

Working

.MENUITEMS.Girls (Card title)

// Example menu for MLPV2.1, including a pose with a prop

MENU Girls | ALL | PINK | RED
POSE Admire | HangingOver | Balance
POSE Held | OpenLegs | MyPose
POSE There There | SorrowfulSit | Laying
SWAP
STOP
BACK

.POSITIONS.Girls (Card title)

{Admire} <0.869,-0.525,0.355> <-5.3,10.9,11.9> <4.181,0.076,-0.147> <0.0,0.0,-148.0>
{Held} <-1.836,-0.659,0.339> <0.0,0.0,90.0> <-1.729,0.622,-0.147> <0.0,0.0,-89.0>
{There There} <0.198,-0.467,-0.177> <0.0,0.0,78.7> <1.166,-0.175,0.443> <0.0,0.0,151.6>

Not Working

.MENUITEMS.Couple (Card title)

// Example menu for MLPV2.1, including a pose with a prop

MENU Couple | ALL | BLUE | PINK
POSE Caress | Touch | LookToSky
POSE Embrace | Laying | LayTwisted
POSE Please | ModestBegging | InvitingLay
SWAP
STOP
BACK

.POSITIONS.Couple (Card title)

{Caress} <-0.355,0.636,-0.164> <1.1,1.0,-129.0> <-0.728,0.640,-0.285> <1.0,-1.0,47.0>
{Embrace} <-0.396,1.451,-0.137> <0.1,0.0,118.1> <-0.776,1.710,-0.280> <-0.1,0.1,30.2>
{Please} <-2.550,1.819,-0.244> <4.0,0.5,-55.3> <-1.808,0.186,0.365> <1.2,-5.0,100.6>

I've checked I don't know how many times for that. I'm going to take everything out of the object tonight and try starting fresh with that set, I've done this before, but maybe it'll help this time. It's just making me batty. I didn't have a lot of time to work on it last night like I had thought I would. I appreciate you trying to help me out. I'll let you know if I gain any ground.

I still don't know what was wrong, but I managed to get it straigtened out. It's almost as if it really didn't like my pose set names, once I changed that, it seemed fine (I also took it all apart and tried that first, no luck). Then I had an issue where it wouldn't show the one card on the munue despite it saying it was reading it and loading it. That issue was a dumb mistake on my part which I figured out after stepping away from it for a while.

Innula, I want to thank you for being willing to help me out. If there is anything you need help with, let me know. Thanks again!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4045 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.