Why no Anthro coyote avatars?

thetundrawolf

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3915 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm suprised there aren't any. Nor any mod kits to make one. The best advice for your friend is to buy a 'base' avatar and mod it to look like a coyote. I mean heck, I found someone who modded a bat head into a pig's head and it works very well!

I'm not sure how different wolves are built compared to coyotes but if theren't aren't too many differences I've heard that the Kinzart Wolves are good. You can check out slarf.com and they have tons of wolves there.

• 5 months later...

Ha! Geez, I've been looking for one forever. There is one, in actuality, made by The Werehouse. However, it isn't nearly as good as say a KZK wolf. A few people have made their own coyotes, but I'm still looking for somebody willning to make a mod for the earlier-mentioned wolf. With the ears enlarged, it could make a very good coyote. But it seems mod artists who are doing commissions are scarce these days... :/

Most likely, given the physical similarity between wolves and coyotes, no-one has thought it worth their while to make a separate coyote avatar. Even in the wild, the two are similar enough to interbreed, and a siginifcant proportion of coyotes have wolf ancestry.

If I were looking to have a coyote av, I'd probably look for a wolf or dog av with the right coloration, and then adjust the proportions, possibly replacing/combining the head with something from a fox av.

As far as I know, there were no raccoon-girl avs until I made mine!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3915 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.