I noticed a used item in the marketplace....can you sell?

Rellish

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4206 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I noticed a used item section in the marketplace. Does that mean you can sell your items in your inventory to the used item section? If so, how? I have some furniture that I want to get rid of because I am going to be renting a furnished house. I didn't want to delete them if someone else can have them.

2 answers to this question

You can only sell objects you have permission to transfer. Also, it may be difficult to sell on Marketplace currently because they're phasing out the old system that allowed single items to be sold and last I heard that function isn't part of the new system yet.

Also, there's no real reason to delete old furniture completely - if it's transferrable you can just take it into your inventory again and if it's copyable you can just delete the rezzed objects but still have the originals you bought in your inventory. You wouldn't be able to sell most copyable furniture anyway.

If you have transfer permission on an item, you may resell it.  There are circumstances in which it can be unethical to do that, or maybe at least unwise -- reselling full perm textures, for example, can get some people justifiably mad at you.  Personally, I would not resell a copiable item from another creator, because I would not want to undermine that person's own sales.  If you use your head, though, I think you can figure out which things you can sell with a clear conscience. 

Now, to be honest, I have never sold anything that I didn't make myself.  Mostly, that's because I'm a pack rat with 28,000 items in inventory.  There's almost no penalty for saving useful things in inventory, and I keep finding new uses for things I have squirreled away.  If something has decent quality and potential life, I hold onto it.  If not, I delete it.  SL has enough low quailty junk as it is.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4206 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.