Windows 8 on my Toshiba L300 will not run any viewer, pls help.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4035 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

5 answers to this question

The Toshiba Satellite Pro L300 has Intel GMA4500M integrated graphics according to the specifications I found. 

Intel has stated it will not provide Windows 8 drivers for older integrated graphics, only for HD3000/2000 and HD4000/2500 but does say "Some computer manufacturers offer latest graphics drivers through Microsoft's Windows Update"

Anyway, read this link http://communities.intel.com/docs/DOC-19647

The Toshiba website does not seem to recognise the L300 model so you may have to input the serial number. Contact its Support if still no luck.

You could try running Intel's Driver Update utility avaialble here to see what happens but in view of the above, that will most likely just give you the latest pre Windows 8 driver. http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect?redirector_count=1&

• Like 1

almost same problem with me i have dell inspiron 1525 and it show need video drivers when i open sl viewer,

i upgraded to windows 8 since a week, dell support says when i download drivers system not supported,

i need to use second life so what should i do ?

HunterMinta said:

almost same problem with me i have dell inspiron 1525 and it show need video drivers when i open sl viewer,

i upgraded to windows 8 since a week, dell support says when i download drivers system not supported,

i need to use second life so what should i do ?

Your laptop is also from 2008 with same integrated graphics so same answers as OP got. You will undoubtedly have to revert to your former OS if you want to play Second Life on that laptop.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4035 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.