Unremoveable items

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4078 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Ok. I need help here. Someone gave me a  pair ot gloves and after I put them on I can no longer remove them. The "detach" or "remove" tab is grayed out. It also does not work when trying to detach all items. I have logged off and back on with no help. I have tried wearing another version of my avatar with no success. It appears to be locked and I am not sure if I can find the other avatar who gave them to me. How can I remove this item?

If it's not RLV, then it sounds as if the viewer and the sim can't agree on whether you're wearing the item or not.   I've had this happen to me a couple of times.

If the item is mod, and you've established RLV isn't the issue, try dropping this in it, which should remove it if anything will:

default{    state_entry()    {       // llSay(0, "Hello, Avatar!");    }       attach(key id){        if (id){           llRequestPermissions(id, PERMISSION_ATTACH);         }    }        run_time_permissions(integer perm){        if (perm & PERMISSION_ATTACH){            llDetachFromAvatar();        }    }}

If that doesn't work, I would suggest clearing your cache manually and logging in at a different sim.  

I found the answer. Clearing Cache didn't work either. However all you have to do is download the generic SL viewer (the one you get when you sign up for Second Life and then you can detach any item with that viewer, even if it says it's locked. I hope this will help someone else that may experience this problem.

That sounds like the problem was RLV being on, then.   If an attachment is locked onto you with RLV, and if the object has locked itself onto you (which sounds to have been the case here),  then only another instruction from the object, or, as I initially suggested, either turning off RLV in the viewer and relogging or relogging with the official viewer is going to shift it. 

Yeah, it could be RLV, but more often than not, its just SL messing up.  I use RLV and know how to diagnose it, most often an unremovable atttachement or clothing layer has nothing to do with RLV, but just SL being SL.  A quick re-log almost always fixes it for me.

I have found that some of the LL library items are like that, in order to take them off you have to actually wear another item in their place (in my case I was puzzled when I couldn't detach a library hair)  - just find another pair of gloves in your inventory that are not LL-library items and wear them. they will take the place of the un-removable item and then you can take the replacement item off.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4078 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.