Classic White Dress - as featured in the movie "Under The Tuscan Sun"

melaniehaughton

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4159 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I havve searched high and low in Second Life and on the Marketplace for a classic white dress similar to the one worn by the lead character in the movie "Under The Tuscan Sun"   Such a style evokes the glamour of the 1950s  but is still fashionable to wear in today's modern world.   The dress is glamorous enough to be worn on you special night out, yet comfortable enough to be worn casually.

To give you some idea of what I am asking here is a link to a pattern (featuring photos of the dress and others)

http://pintuckstyle.blogspot.co.uk/2011/03/under-tuscan-sun-sewing-retro-style.html

If anyone knows of such a dress in mesh I would appreciate it greatly if you could let me know where I can buy it.  If such a dress is not available, it would be even more appreciated if you could make such a dress for me.  I would most certainly make the effort worth your while.

Melanie X

Many thanks for the replies and suggestions.  I bought the "Kate Middleton" type dress and did as suggested.  However, my personal opinion is that it lacks length and shape for my requirements.  The "Tuscan Sun" dress has a much lower hem and as seen in the webpage, the hemline is flared and not flat.

Second Life fashion creators have come up with skirts, dresses and gowns in all kinds of shapes and size - especially in mesh.  Surely someone must have created a dress or skirt so classic as the one featured in the movie.  

As I said previously, if anyone wishes to take up the gauntlet and create such a dress, I am only too happy to commision it.

Melanie X

• 1 month later...

Success!  I have found what I have been looking for...almost!  ColdLogic produces a dress called the "Reynolds", perhaps in regards to Debbie Reynolds.

Although the dress in the movie has more of a blousey top, the coldLogic dress has the right length and the right amound of flaring at the hem.

My search is now over.  Unless you can whet my appetite with something more spectacular!

Melanie x

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4159 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.