Upload Mesh on Beta Grid?

Tasman Perth

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3130 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm trying to upload mesh on the beta grid.. I can log into the beta grid fine, but when I attempt to upload I'm told I don't have rights to upload mesh. I went thru the rigamarole to get approved on the main grid to upload mesh and I assumed that when I synchronized my inventory with the beta grid, the fact that I can upload mesh on the main grid would carry over.. Apparently you have to take the little quiz on the beta grid too.. The "more information" link on the mesh upload window goes to a "web error-more information in logfile"... I'm assuming that link is the one to the "mesh quiz"..  I tried going to the LiveChat and and they were not helpful... How do I get word to them that apparently one of their webservers has croaked??

Tas

No worries. The Link is just incorrect -- I've seen this same issue in this forum already a few times, so If you search a bit, you'll find the correct link or I'm sure someone else will tell you what it is soon enough.

I would do it but I am not at my home computer.

Apparently the whole Aditi Account website appears to be broken / corrupted at the moment.

Even if you try to log in right from the mainpage : https://secondlife.aditi.lindenlab.com you get now this:

"An error has occurred. Further information is available in the server log."   

It might be that this is just temporarily and the access will be granted soon again. Then you can do your IP tutorial from there, Tasman. Just check on the page every once in a while.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I have just successfully solved the problem with the help of tech support at LL.

1) You do have to retake the test, and it is a link that often breaks.  Flail about.  Use the backspace on Chrome.  I found Chrome worked better than Firefox, though both often yielded a white/blank screen.  You WILL eventually get to the tutorila.  Retake it.  You will then be indicated as having completed, but payment infor likely won't be there.

2) To get past the payment issue, reset your main grid account.  Do this via password change.  When you complete this, 24 hrs later your Beta grid dashboard may STILL show you have no payment info (from an impossible to add credit card on the beta links) but . . . if you login to the Beta Grid you will be able to upload mesh.  The website says you have no payment info, but you WILL be able to upload mesh on Beta grid despite that aditi website indication.  The key is the account reset on main (which also changes password on beta).

• 6 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3130 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.