Texture keeps disappearing

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4058 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have never seen this before and can't figure it out.  I put a texture on a set of pillows on a loveseat, then I put a different one on. And when I logged in again, the first texture was on the loveseat. This happened several more times so I uploaded the 2nd texture again -- twice. The first time, it was part of a bulk upload so I don't see how it could have been temporary or local, and the second and third times I made sure it was not.

And stll every time I log in, the first texture is back!

Any ideas?

Before you go ahead and nuke the object, I'd suggest you test to make sure it's not just a simple cahce discrepency.  The behavior you described can easily happen if your local cache is out of sync with the info on the server.  Clear your cache, relog, and the object should begin to work properly.  If it doesn't, then I'd say maybe the object itself is boked, as Lusti suggested.  Prims do get corrupted from time to time.  But cahce discrepency is far more common.

Thanks, I tried clearing cache, no change.  Before I relogged I made a copy of it, and textured the pillows on both copy and original, but when I relogged after clearing cache there was no difference between original and copy.  

I just re-uploaded a new copy, applied the texture, and relogged, and the newly uploaded copy does exactly as the others. No pillow texture remains on relog. These are not even identical copies. 

Meanwhile there is another anomaly that might be related in some way, I don't know.  When I first tried to upload another copy, the LI on it was about double, even with identical settings.  So I went back and stripped out some geometry. With less geometry, it is still about 50% higher LI than the original one. Way too high for what it is, esp compared to the other seating in this same set.

I had to read the  whole set of posts before figuring out the item you were talking about  was a mesh item and had to rethink my original answer.  Could you have had more than 8 texture faces on your mesh object?  If you did, is possible that by separating it into two parts corrected the problem.  However,  if you had a lot of extra geometry like you stated, sounds like the original item didn't upload correctly the first time to SL.   I was also about to suggest you check your texture and resave it maybe as a differnt format.  I have had some textures get corrupted between photoshop and SL for some reason.  Resaving as a differnt file name or file type  generally fixes the issue for me.

Glad you got it figured out

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4058 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.