HELP NEEDED REGARDING MY LAND

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4084 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

We my wife and I have been attacked twice in has many months by spam dumped on our sim,or offset our sim, we do have a security orb up ,its been a nightmare to say the least and does not stop them dumping boxes of this rape spam unableing us not to even be on our own land but contacting sl to get it removed for us .

I must say they have been and dealt with it in a flash  within a very commenable time .

What I want to know is if we have it again can we change our position and move to another sim allocted to us if necessary by sl or from our choice of the same cost we pay now monthly for up keep of it and the same size sim which is 1/4 sim .

I would appreciate feedback on this please especially from sl has I do not know what other way to ask this question as its urgent to us to recieve any info you can tell us and any feedback from others if you keep getting harrassed the way we do ,its not always fun to be part of such a game has this is

Thank you so much  

You're always free to sell, leave, abandon, etc... your land, and move to a new location. You don't need the lab to help you do that. Now if you pay a tier or rent to someone else on an estate, you'll most likely be asked to stay until your next tier is due before leaving. Of course you don't have to, but it's in good form to do so. Also, if you're renting from someone else you can always ask them if they have a different parcel you could move to, of the same size and cost. I think most landowners would happily help.

If it's mainland, then you don't need to involve anyone else. Just sell what you have now(you could abandon too, but I would try to sell first, personally) and then find a new parcel you prefer. There's tons of land out there open, empty and waiting for someone to grab it up. Might take a little foot work on your part to find just the right one, but I am sure you will.

... spam dumped on our sim,or offset our sim, we do have a security orb up ...

It would help focus things to know if this is Mainland or Estate land.  The "offset our sim" somewhat increases the likelihood that it's Mainland, I suppose.

Anyway, a security orb is not relevant to this kind of problem. A griefer can dump spam far away and it can still find its way to any parcel that allows it -- and the land settings that prevent that are not necessarily the most obvious. On your own land, you can enable Auto-Return (in About Land / Objects, set it to a non-zero value) -- but only after you make sure it won't return anything that you want to keep on the parcel. That's really the best overall solution.

Neighboring parcels... well, that's the problem. If you can somehow charm the neighbors, too, into enabling Auto-Return, their parcels won't host the spam either. The neighbors may not be able to enable Auto-Return if they have legacy content set to a different group, owned by somebody not available to change it... or the neighbors themselves may not be reachable. Then your only course of action is the Abuse Report with which you're already familiar.

I don't really recommend moving. Wherever you go, the same thing could happen again. Some Estates are better managed than others and will respond faster, but unless they require Auto-Return (and a bit more), they're subject to the same abuse, sooner or later.

• 3 weeks later...

To answer just the part about whether you can move or not. Yes  you can, but sell the land you are on first, or else you will be paying for both parcels.

I agree wholeheartedly that setting auto return on any available parcel is a good thing. Try to ask when the neighbor is new; but not all will be reasonable or neighborly.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4084 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.