An Item disappears from the server...??

OceanIsGrey

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4072 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

This issue is so bizzard I had to share in forums. 

I bought this skin from a well known skin shop, which included a 'shape.' I used it for almost 8 months. A few days ago I logged in as a cloud, which the problem wouldn't fix no matter how many times I relogged back and forth for hours. So I changed the shape and then I came back to the figure. I clicked on the shape to wear again, and it gives me this message that the item is removed from the SERVER. 

And the money I paid for this item was gone just like that. All because it's removed from THE SERVER. 

Was the item copybotted material that was reported? Or LL did it by mistake? 

I'm so confused right now, and I'm so not buying that skin pack from that seller anymore, even though the shop is plastered everywhere on the marketplace. Do you guys have any idea what might be going on?... or had this problem? 

I have experienced items disappering like this for two reasons. The first was a huge inventory loss, several folders were gone with sculpted prim maps. It was some years ago but I contacted support and they did restore the inventory for me.

The other time it happended was just after I purchase a product. Once I rezzed it, it "poofed" away and I got a message or something with link to information from Linden lab and the item were replaced by a prim or something. I understood it as it was an item that had been removed because it had been stolen.

As for shapes, I don't know if they just disappear or if they replace it like they did for me with a single prim item?

Have you tried to contact support and see if it may be an inventory failure?

• 2 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4072 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.