Prim counts on parcel in About Land

Muletta

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4062 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

When I look at "About Land" it says:

Simulator primitive usage: 876 out of 1032 (156 available)

Primitives parcel supports: 1032

Primitives on parcel: 876

Then I look at “object owners” and refresh the list, it says my name and that I have used 1027 prim.

And then there is a list for the use of prims for my tenants: In all, 68 prim.

It seems strange that I have used almost all prim - but there are still 156 available.

I really don’t understand these numbers – can anyone explain please?

Temp rezzing is a feature that makes prims vanish automatically after about a minute. It's really intended for things like tour vehicles, bullets, falling leaves, example items in a store vendor, etc. If you select them you'll see their prims counted up, but they don't count against the normal prim limits.

Some items use this feature to try to keep more objects on the land than it really supports. A script will rez a new, temporary copy of the object every minute or so, in the same place, to create the illusion that they're permanent. Unfortunately sellers don't always say if their items do this, and that's too bad because this setup can lag up a region if overused.

Ooops, I just bought some animals who rez and disappears all the time - now I have deleted them, and my personally prim count has been reduced to 938.

So I cannot use these animals anymore without the prims go 'crazy'?

Still there is a difference between 'owned by parcel owner', and when I look at 'refresh list'/my name. - Perhaps it is my leaf rezzers which make this disturbance?

What can I do? Is it not allowed to have these things on my land? I am very confused right now, so will be happy for some help and advice.

It's generally OK to have things like leaf and pet rezzers, as long as you don't have ridiculous numbers of them. If the region is running OK, then don't worry too much about it. If you do notice lag problems, then you might want to remove them to see if it helps.

It will be best to check the covenant in World>About Land to see if there are any rules against temp rezzers. They are allowed on mainland, just as long as they aren't causing problems.

But what exactly happens about the prims? If the ‘simular primitive usage’ says I have plenty of prims left to use, but my ‘personally prims in refresh list’ says I have used a lot more than allowed - which number can I rely on?

Can I ignore the biggest number without the system returns my things from my land, as long the 'simular primitive usage' has prims left to use?

I am sorry I can't use my pet rezzer, I am very fond of it.

Hope to find a solution.

If you try to rez too many normal prims, you will get a "parcel full" error message. The system will prevent you from going over your limit, so it will be OK. If somehow too much stuff does get there, the simulator will automatcally return prims until you are back inside the limit. Returned items are annoying, but you won't get into trouble with anybody.

Temporary objects will take care of themselves that way too. If there is no temp prim room left, new ones will automatically stop rezzing.

Thank you for the explanation. In my nightmare I saw myself log in, and all my buildings were gone, because the system has had a break down over night, and therefore suddenly had discovered my temporary objects and had counted them in my normally use of prims. I am still sweaty about that scene in my head.

I think I will make a compromise with myself, and keep my leaf rezzers and replace my animal temp rezzer with some low prim animals, anyways better be safe than sorry.

Thanks to everybody who helped me understand this phenomenon, about temp rezzers.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4062 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.