Instand message script

xDramaQueeNx

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4133 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello! I was wondering if this script exists./ script or hud that sends automatically Instant messages! (not local chat greeter.)/

For example someone comes to my place. when he arrives he will take an automatic IM from me that says (in private) welcome to my place if you need help just reply me or blah blah.nothing else. I have see this automatic im only in group inviters but i was worndering if this script or hud exist and if yes where i can find one like this?:P

There are doors that will give a message to avatars entering it, and it isn't hard to script something that sends a private message to someone that collides with the prim or that comes within a certain range of the prim that contains the script. 

Look in the MP for greeters or doors that greet and you can probably find something that works for you.  Some will even IM you when you are on line in addition to giving the message to let you know that someone is at your place so you can IM them personally and/or TP right to them with a couple of clicks.

i have a tones of greaters and people do not like them . we are 10 people that we have to send IM to the visitor that comes to our place. Sometimes comes 10 people at the same time so we must send them im manualy. sometimes we cannot handle them all to inform them that we are on their services and they can contact us anytime. Some others do not see our online boards and they are asking for help to the owner. So we need a script or hud that we can have it(or wear it) and be assosiated with the place and for example if 1 person or 2-3 and up come to our place, to be able to take automatically an im from the staff that are online. (i know it will be hassle if the visitor takes 4 im messages from 4 staffs that maybe will be online at the same time but he will take them manually so it will be this more helpfull for us and for visitors. I have find this system in visitors systems greaters but the ims comes from visitor system and not from us :///

i hope you understand what i want to say cause my english are very bad haha!

An automatic message comes from a script (leaving bots aside for the moment) - a script always lives inside an object - so if a script sends an IM or says something in a private chat to an ava, it will always come from the object it lives in. You could change the name of the object to the wearer's name (e.g. in the case of a HUD), but the receiver wouldn't be able to answer to it directly.

I do not want a greater that the most of stores / businesses have. (the greater that give notecards,invites,infos and local chats)

For example.

our job is to send ims to visitors that comes to our photostudio  to inform them about prices and anything else and for our services.sometimes the visitors that comes to our studio are up to 10 at the same time. sometimes from our staff will be online the 2 of 10 for example and those 2 people must handle the 10 people that comes to studio at the same time. it will be hard cause while we are trying to search them in search tab the 2 are leaving the other 3 do not press accept to visitor greeter that gives them information notecards so after all this hassle they are disturb the owner or they leave and we do not inform them all about our services or to help them. I know multiple methods to inform someone but even if we have place infos, boxes , greeters, online boards e.t.c. they are not see them or read them for their reasons and they are looking for us lol. thats the reason why im looking for a hud or script that each one of us can wear it or droped it at the entrance and when someone come to our studio to takes an automatically IM message from each staff is online and has this hud or script actvate.
 :/

yes that will be a solution. isnt necessary from receiver to reply to us fast. we need just to take the informations that we want. to know that we will be here if he need anything... but i cannot find any script like that and i have really search a lot... do you know where i can find something like that?:PPPP

I'm not sure I have understood everyting you want - but I'm pretty sure it can be done. I don't know about the products that are out there - but if you can't find something like that, get in touch with a scripter do make wht you want (you can contact e, if you want).

But actually, this is not the place to look for scripts - you should go to Inworld Employment or Wanted

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4133 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.