prims going off sim.

JeanMark Nightfire

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4065 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I manage some sims and have estate rights. i have a problem with prims going off sim to coordinates of 0,0,0 and staying there. the prims are to small to select and return and i can not go into any feature that i know of to return them. under "scripted objects" they show up listed, but when i select to return the scripted object it does not do so. under "about land-objects" they are not listed because they are actually off sim (not quite sure why they show up in scripted objects though, except that the scripts still count against the sim). please contact me directly in world if you have any suggestions. thank you. JeanMark Nightfire.

These are not actually my prims, this is a sim i manage. i can not pick them up. and they are so small i can not select them under edit. they emit particles, or bling, and i can see them that way, but no other.

1 answer to this question

Coordinate <0.0,0.0,0.0> isn't off-sim.  That's the sim's garbage collector location, where the servers put things when they don't know where they belong.  That typically happens when you have items that are scripted to move, but you have given them ambiguous targets to move to.   I lose things to the garbage collector every once in a while because I have meant to move them -25m and have actually moved them to a location 25m beyond the sim's boundary by mistake. Things will also go there is you forgot to give them any target destination at all (since Zero location is <0.0,0.0,0.0>).  In any case, you just have to visit that location yourself (it's underground in the SW corner of the sim) and collect your stuff by taking it back to inventory personally.  Don't use the sim's Return feature.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4065 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.