re: how can i make my av stop laughing when lol is typed.

Mayli Nirpaw

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4062 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Ok I tried checking for gestures before i wrote the question the first time. I checked again as a result of the 2 responses i got. Darren's search advice turned up some gestures i had not found, thank you. However, none of those were the offending gestures. I vaguely think i remember at some point in some viewer or viewer set up process seeing a choice to make your av respond to words said. I have searched everywhere and not found a control for that.  I also remember once long ago, about 2 yrs ago boxing up some gestures. But now i cant find the boxes. I would not think that gestures i boxed could still be active. I am at a loss on this. it is driving me nuts. Is there anything else i can try?

I am talking about your head shaking no any time no occurs in a word, such as know, now knowledge. Also you laugh like and idiot for the word laugh of lol is typed. This is when i type in local chat.. I turned the typing ani back on.. but still happening. I have deactivated nearly every gesture. The ones left are those for weapons, bow or curtsey. This is really bugging me because i dont see others making these movements when they chat and use the same words.

2 answers to this question

One more thing to maybe think about apart from the gestures in your inventory could be that it is included in scriptform in an object you actively wear / have attached.

And would play an animation based on its UUID or the anim file being included in the object whenever you type a certain word in local chat. (just like those emoter HUDs and other stuff)

Don't know if you tried that already but if not: 

You could try to save your current outfit, and then just take everything off at once (take also HUDs off). And see if it still appears to happen.

If not then you know it was in an attachment. Now you could start by reattaching everything one-by-one and checking on every new object if it happens when this is being attached in order to find out which of the objects is causing this.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4062 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.