Update please :P materials project etc

Braydon Randt

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4102 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hiya everyone, 

Ive been out of the country etc for a while with work  and now back full time making stuff again,  I sort of caught that there has been some moves on the materials system within SL ,  can anyone shed any light on that for me, as from what ive read  it seams server side is ready ...  viewer side not.

Opinions welcomed 

Ta

Bray

The deformer I have no idea about. Last I heard it was on hold. Then again I get all my info from other people or third party blogs. It seems to be too hard for the lindens to inform people that dont attend the meetings on what's going on.

Materials:

"There has been significant progress in fixing the known outstanding issues on the project which are standing in the way of a public project viewer and viewer code appearing. Speaking at the TPV Developer meeting on Friday 22nd February, Oz Linden said, “Our list of things which must be fixed before we can hand it out to people is now down to one.” However, there is still no estimated date as to when a project viewer and source code will actually appear Real Soon NowTM, which appears to put them both closer than Pretty SoonTMand Real SoonTM on the LL scale of things"

source: http://modemworld.wordpress.com/2013/02/23/sl-projects-week-8-3-viewer-materials-and-ssb-load-test/

So maybe in a month. Maybe tomorrow? Maybe in half a year. Who knows. 

" “We’ve got a viewer, but it’s so crashy, and the crashes are mostly in material property editing, that I don’t want to distribute it yet…. I’m concerned that doing so would result in a lot of broken content lying around,” Oz informed me."

" I 
asked Oz if the crash problems were related to physically applying maps to objects and / or object faces. He confirmed that this is indeed the case – and that the latest (non-public) version of the project viewer can crash if even the parameters for maps applied to an object / object face are modified. However, he went on to say, “Hopefully we’ll get the worst of the crashes dealt with soon, and then we can start giving it to a wider audience. We’ve already solved a bunch of them, but it’s not quite ready for even open alpha testing.”

So, for those who commented on the lack of any update following my last SL project update from week 9, I’m afraid the situation still appears to be one of, “Hurry up and wait.” "

Rahkis Andel wrote:

How does LL time relate to Valve time?

Maybe the deformer project will be like episode 3 :robothappy:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4102 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.