What is an applier?

Shyoan

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4071 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I've been enjoying the shopping on Second Life. Though some items work more successfully than others, it has come to my attention that an applier is required. So my question is what is an applier, and how does it work?

1 answer to this question

"Appliers" usually exist to apply a clothing texture to a prim object. Most common is breast appliers, such as for Lola Tango mesh breasts. If you don't have mesh or prim breasts, you probably don't need to worry about it.

Basically, when you buy the top or dress, it might say that it includes an applier, or that you need to purchase an applier separately. It should also tell you what the applier works for, as there are different brands of breasts and one does not fit all. In order for the clothing to appear on the breasts, you need the applier; otherwise you get a non-matching tanktop or naked chest.

Again, if you don't have mesh or prim breasts, you can usually ignore appliers. Regular system or mesh clothing will work fine. If you do have mesh breasts, though, you'll need appliers.

If you need any more help with them, or more specifics, feel free to IM me inworld or PM here.

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4071 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.