Color changing not working

Tammy Longmeadow

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4142 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

It's impossible to say without knowing how your script is written and what you mean by "I put my main prim in a magic rezzer." Normally a color change script would be in the lnkset of whatever is changing color.  I have no idea what a magic rezzer is or why you would be using it.  In any case, however, unless you are writing the script yourself, you have come to the wrong forum.  The LSL scripting forum is a place for scripters to share insights and ask questions about scripting ideas and projects they are working on.

It really all depends on how the script is written.  A well-written script would simply sit in the root of the linkset that you want to control.  Scripts for older style shoes and hair tended to be written so that they had to be in each of the prims in a linkset.  Without seeing the script itself, it's impossible to tell what the scripter intended, as well as how the HUD is meant to communicate with the script.  If you were writing your own script, I would advise you to use llSetLinkPrimitiveParamsFast in a single script to address each of the links in your shoes.  

I'd go so far as to say that, at this late date, a color-changing script that must be in each prim of a linkset is beyond obsolete and will earn derision from anybody who encounters it (such as potential customers).

But I kinda don't think that was what was going on here. I suspect that there was the mistaken idea that a color change script could reside only in this rezzer and be able to remotely change the color of the objects it rezzes without those objects themselves needing any special script. Such a rezzer certainly would qualify as "Magic" -- but only to those who know the limitations of scripts (and why those limitations exist).

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4142 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.